July 2020 POTM Contest!!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Great theme my friend! I feel like ekkies May have an edge in the thought and daydreaming department.

With ekkies, there are always two thought bubbles at once:

“ [insert empty though bubble here cause male ekkies can be so dunderheaded]”

“...Sex....”

6df047ace18799e7a749f748f620f9b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parker's pose has that zoned-out look!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I didn't know what to post....and then Kass had just pulled out an old feather a few minutes ago and was gnawing on it. LOL

She looked like she had just finished eating another macaw LOL

"*burp* What? He looked at me funny"

2020-07-02_01-47-39

Oh, this made me laugh until tears were coming out of my eyes! Hahahahaha! Perfect!

Great theme my friend! I feel like ekkies May have an edge in the thought and daydreaming department.

“...Sex....”

Hahahahaha! Oh, yes! Definitely the second caption! Male ekkies STAY in that zone! Hilarity!

Parker's a trip!

D’oh of course it’s Bixby, dopey me! Your beautiful young man with the heart of a lion. I blame too much “chicken wine”!

Lol! No worries. Jolly actually appreciated the confusion. He's been trying to channel his inner Bixby for a while now, hoping to snag Maya's attention. (Maya used to crush on Bixby pretty hard. Jolly? Not so much. She's all about the Red-sided ekkies! Lol!)

Dyer1125

Jan 29, 2020
SW Ontario
Parrots
Squiggy, green Quaker
Here is my entry for this month. We don't have many pics of Squiggy since he's been home, but this one is from his 'Gotcha Day'.

"I'm not leaving until you buy me one of everything on that wall. My love doesn't come cheap."

24627d1593805024-july-2020-potm-contest-original_file_lock.jpg

Attachments

• original_file_lock.jpg
    original_file_lock.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator:

Dyer1125

Jan 29, 2020
SW Ontario
Parrots
Squiggy, green Quaker
And one for funsies.

"Hey you three, thats not a very good job of social-distancing!!!"

24628d1593805524-july-2020-potm-contest-social-distancing.jpg

Attachments

• social distancing.jpg
    social distancing.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 115

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

Maya: "Forager's Log. Attempt #3,572. The unusually large almond continues to resist my efforts. It tasks me! It tasks me!"
DoaAuSc.jpg

Dear Sir and thank you for wonderful month!

This pic, Maya got me really good~ ;)

I have been wondering why they love our heads...... Kise took any chance she has got to jump up there! :D :D :D

~FOR FUN~

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture20878-baby-kise.jpg

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots

“...Sex....”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^_^ Mr. Parker is in his daydreaming.... :cool:

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
1 cockatiel named pikachu^^
HEEDLESS said:
I have been wondering why they love our heads...... Kise took any chance she has got to jump up there! :D :D :D
~FOR FUN~

"Be my guest"
lol :01: i am so scared to let pikachu stay on my head for more than a minute :p especially after showering :D how do you deal with a thing of bird poop on your head though?:confused:

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
"Be my guest"
lol :01: i am so scared to let pikachu stay on my head for more than a minute :p especially after showering :D how do you deal with a thing of bird poop on your head though?:confused:

Kise has trained herself... She will hold her pooping until she step on my hands, or I place her on her perches. I has not poop on my head since she was 14months. I don't know how but she will hold it for hours. She will let me know if she can't hold it. She moving her butt around and went to my face given me the signals that she got to go pooping... :D :D :D

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Here is my entry for this month. We don't have many pics of Squiggy since he's been home, but this one is from his 'Gotcha Day'.

"I'm not leaving until you buy me one of everything on that wall. My love doesn't come cheap."

24627d1593805024-july-2020-potm-contest-original_file_lock.jpg

His love may not come cheap, but it's obviously soooooooo worth it! And the caption fits so well, especially with the apparent side eye he's giving in the pic! Lol!

And one for funsies.

"Hey you three, thats not a very good job of social-distancing!!!"

24628d1593805524-july-2020-potm-contest-social-distancing.jpg

Hahahahaha! And that positioning could become VERY unfortunate considering they're right below him! Lol! Oh, and bonus points for the social-distancing theme throwback from my last POTM contest! Nice!

Maya: "Forager's Log. Attempt #3,572. The unusually large almond continues to resist my efforts. It tasks me! It tasks me!"
DoaAuSc.jpg

Dear Sir and thank you for wonderful month!

This pic, Maya got me really good~ ;)

~FOR FUN~

And thank you for an awesome entry! I love that the caption is already built in! Most impressive! Sure you don't want it to be an official entry?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Just for fun!!
The setup:
Flat on my back on the floor of bird room. A minute or two later, Abby and Squeaky fly down to inspect. Peanut typically walks around me, nibbling on clothing. ET (TAG) just ignores.
The caption:
"Did he fall and can't get up? What about our food? Should we call paramedics?"
Abby on left, Squeaky on right examining parront.
ST5nOGJ.jpg
"He seems OK, so we'll just hang out, play, and groom for a while."
9jOpQuK.jpg

Last edited:

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Just for fun!!
The setup:
Flat on my back on the floor of bird room. A minute or two later, Abby and Squeaky fly down to inspect. Peanut typically walks around me, nibbling on clothing. ET (TAG) just ignores.
The caption:
Abby on left, Squeaky on left examining parront.
ST5nOGJ.jpg
9jOpQuK.jpg

Soo many questions....

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Just for fun!!
The setup:
The caption:
Abby on left, Squeaky on left examining parront.
ST5nOGJ.jpg
9jOpQuK.jpg

Priceless..... :07:

Mr. Scott. I recall you were flying on the sky with wings too... did you clipped your wings and now fall?????? :D

TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Just for fun!!
The setup:
The caption:
Abby on left, Squeaky on right examining parront.
ST5nOGJ.jpg
9jOpQuK.jpg

Scott, I love these! You and your flock always deliver, my friend, but that first one might be my fave of the pics you've put up! (Which is saying a lot!)

My audition photo for the movie Spaceballs.

caitnah-albums-my-guys-picture22595-my-audition-picture-movie-spaceballs.jpeg

Oh, this was comedic genius! Been way too long since I saw that movie! Nostalgic flashback bonus!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Just for fun (not an entry) BUT I am pretty sure Noodles and Cardi B are the same person....Which means her subtitles would be obscene....hahaha

I am not sure how familiar you guys are with Cardi B and this song....WHICH HAS BEEN EDITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE...LOL!!!!! My students sang it ALL THE TIME in August/September or something..

"PRESS PRESS PRESS PRESS PRESS"...and if you know the song, this is way funnier than if you don't!!!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XPdHyWmaj4&feature=youtu.be"]YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts