July 2021 POTM Contest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Can I use a collage of pictures for 1 image? Albie got his Box of new toys and I wanna share the full experience!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Of course! I look forward to seeing Albie and his toy overload!! :D

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
New toy over load! https://imgur.com/gallery/FVSMuQd
(it wouldn't let me up load a photo directly and I'm computer illiterate and can't figure out why)

So I bought albie a few new toys... They arrived today and it feels like I've bought a toy shop! He dove right in and started testing everything out, he wasn't phased by any of it. Even hubby looked and was like "you bought how many new toys?" they didn't seem that big in the pictures online.....

Although, Albie did have a thing or 2 to say about changing up his house.

YoF8wY9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
(it wouldn't let me up load a photo directly and I'm computer illiterate and can't figure out why)

So I bought albie a few new toys... They arrived today and it feels like I've bought a toy shop! He dove right in and started testing everything out, he wasn't phased by any of it. Even hubby looked and was like "you bought how many new toys?" they didn't seem that big in the pictures online.....

YoF8wY9.jpeg

x7nO3bb.jpeg

Tee hee! Oh these are just FABULOUS!! Welcome to Albie's Toyland indeed, he is going to have the time of his life exploring all of those! Thank you for your entry, Stitch! :D

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots

YoF8wY9.jpeg

x7nO3bb.jpeg

Tee hee! Oh these are just FABULOUS!! Welcome to Albie's Toyland indeed, he is going to have the time of his life exploring all of those! Thank you for your entry, Stitch! :D

Thank you and thank you for sorting the picture out too 😊

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
My pleasure, Stitch! Imgur does have it's own "copy link" tool but I never use it. You just right click your mouse directly on the image you want to paste across, select the "copy image address" option from the drop down box, and paste it straight into the "insert image" icon on the tool bar above, the one that looks like the mountain, and that should work. Don't worry though if you can't get it to work, a friendly neighbourhood Mod will be happy to fix it up for you :)

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I had no idea, thank you. I'm more often on my phone than I am my laptop, so I may need a mess about

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Geeeez, so very sweet. The WORLD is HRH's toy. Love you always, Patches. Twins... double the adorableness.

Sorry for spamming ya with Rb/Toy photos, y'all!
But I couldn't resist. Okay...

Just for fun...

Wearing The Gladware Hat
dxbvdaW.jpg

Hiding The Naughty Stuff
lKq74SL.jpg

Throwing The Evil Bounceyball
sNlgoGO.png

Going Back to the Gladware Goodies
RpBGnOp.jpg

Admiring The Wiffleball with cornrows - his true love - made by his Auntie Terry57
vSZE0AQ.jpg

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd... the Tubular Bell
I promised to make THE BELL my official entry, but I can't slow the video down enough to screen-grab any still photos! And my camera isn't fast enough to get any decent shots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEivbgd7hp0
Now what am I gonna do?

Rival, any inspirations?????

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy..........................
Here's our official entry. Gila, my love, I did my best.
Of course, we all know that it is impossible to capture the true and total charisma and character of your darling parrot,
but Gawd help me, I tried.
So, I hope to avoid sleeping on the couch.
Great bird. Adorable. Dandy. Great, great bird.
Here we go.

Official Entry

MmWJkke.jpg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Of course, we all know that it is impossible to capture the true and total charisma and character of your darling parrot,
Here we go.

Official Entry

MmWJkke.jpg

Thank you, Team Rickeybird! Though the Rb and his "Tubular Bells" does bring to mind the soundtrack of a certain scary movie that frightened the heebie jeebies outta me when i was far too young to have viewed it! And the look in The Bird's eye is giving me that vibe again right now, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Hope your efforts saved you from the couch, Rival, I love this pic :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

YoF8wY9.jpeg

Magnificent toy haul, shouldn't take Albie more than 10 minutes to check them out and sort for destruction!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

YoF8wY9.jpeg

x7nO3bb.jpeg

I wouldn't know where to begin...:confused:

Jim

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots

YoF8wY9.jpeg

x7nO3bb.jpeg

I wouldn't know where to begin...:confused:

Jim

Albie does! He's pulled all the paper out of his paper cup 🤣

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Here we go.

Official Entry

MmWJkke.jpg

Thank you, Team Rickeybird! Though the Rb and his "Tubular Bells" does bring to mind the soundtrack of a certain scary movie that frightened the heebie jeebies outta me when i was far too young to have viewed it! And the look in The Bird's eye is giving me that vibe again right now, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Hope your efforts saved you from the couch, Rival, I love this pic :D

Yes, Manuka, scary stuff. Need a little night music, PF? Welcome to my world.​

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN6jIvKiYOs"]Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells ? (The Exorcist Soundtrack) HD - YouTube[/ame]

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Mr Oldfield just called, he wants his royalties!! :eek:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hey Folks! Counting down the final week of this month's contest. Don't forget to get your entries in!! :D

CallumConure

Apr 10, 2019
Central Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Callum- GCC Hatchday: October 15th, 2016
(nonparrot friends include rats, a dog, and a few reptiles :))
All of these entries are so great and funny. Callum's favorite toys are pens and pencils, but he never understands why I take them away from him. I do let him play with empty mechanical pencils (no eraser or lead), though. If I had a picture of Callum playing with (empty) mechanical pencils, I'd have to post some.

I was thinking of going to my local pet bird specialty store. Guess I'll have to get a pic of the toy haul! Hopefully I'll have Callum's new cage in time.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
All of these entries are so great and funny. Callum's favorite toys are pens and pencils, but he never understands why I take them away from him. I do let him play with empty mechanical pencils (no eraser or lead), though. If I had a picture of Callum playing with (empty) mechanical pencils, I'd have to post some.

I was thinking of going to my local pet bird specialty store. Guess I'll have to get a pic of the toy haul! Hopefully I'll have Callum's new cage in time.

Oh I hope you can get that haul of toys in for Callum too, he'll love it! I look forward to seeing his "Toy-Mageddon"!! :D

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Still time to get your entries in folks! This month's POTM contest closes early morning central US time July 29 :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions