just a couple questions..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
...Jonesy "clicks" his beak..any idea what that means?

And when I go to scratch his head.most times he puts his left foot up to his neck,like he is scratching himself..

Jim

My dad's goffin clicks his beak when he's happy or about to go to sleep.

Unless you are my dad, you don't pet Alfie when he offers his neck for scritches. He is just using that as a lure to bite you (those little feathers around the lower beak are a dead giveaway with him) :eek: How has Jonesy responded to petting/scritching so far? The foot could be his way of telling you to back off, or perhaps he's trying to tell you where to scratch him first:)

Both are normal behaviors! Beak clicking seems to be an expression of either happiness or an invitation to cuddle. Not all my Goffins do this, but the female mother does this when cuddling.

Two of my males place a foot on the neck and begin scratching themselves. Seems to be a sociable behavior inviting scritching or cuddling. Just be careful until you know for sure.... they are rather consistent so you'll figure it out quickly!

My dad's goffin clicks his beak when he's happy or about to go to sleep.

Unless you are my dad, you don't pet Alfie when he offers his neck for scritches. He is just using that as a lure to bite you (those little feathers around the lower beak are a dead giveaway with him) :eek: How has Jonesy responded to petting/scritching so far? The foot could be his way of telling you to back off, or perhaps he's trying to tell you where to scratch him first:)

He loves scritches..he will lower his head and close his little beady eyes lol

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back