Kakariki

Linda.b

Aug 13, 2020
Hi. I’ve read up about the kakariki and the general consensus seemed to be that they Don’t sit still long enough to interact much and want to be flying about etc.
Mine is exact opposite! It’s nice that she wants to be near me but the second I let her out of the cage, she uses me as a human climbing frame.
She hardly leaves my side and I wondered if there is anything anyone can suggest to get her to be a bit more adventurous. I bought her a bird feeding swing for the window but she’s not interested. It’s starting to bug me a little as she makes a loud, continual “kak” whenever she hears me but can’t get to me.
We have a net over the door to the room she is in as we often have windows open. So much for them being a quiet bird. Lol. Any advice would be great. X

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
One of the on-going issues with personalities is that within each species they can and do vary from the species 'nominate.'

Understanding that most people actively wish their Parrot would actively interact with them. As a result, it is fairly uncommon to hear that one's Parrot is overly interactive.

Providing the Parrot with 'other' activities is commonly the key.

OP
L

Linda.b

Aug 13, 2020
Thanks. She’s getting a bit better at amusing herself, mainly climbing up the curtains! Lol. X

Ozcraig

Aug 22, 2020
I love my Kakariki, she is the best, she is very interactvie and i'm worried after COVID

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I love my Kakariki, she is the best, she is very interactvie and i'm worried after COVID

With the possibility of the Virus finding its way to laying on the feathers. As of this date, there is no know cases of this monster Virus infecting Birds as a whole. The huge chicken farm industry is activity monitoring any Human /Bird transmutation and if found the warning alarm will be loud.

Bringing a new Bird into the home should follow normal separation procedures.

Most Reactions