Keeping warm?

Angiewood28

Sep 18, 2022
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
Hello, firstly I wanted to say hello since I am new to this site😃!
I am also needing help keeping my feathery best friend warm this winter!
I am amongst the many terrified to turn the heating on this winter due to cost so I’m planning on putting on more clothes and not turning the heating on if I can avoid it. The problem then being that I don’t want my Amazon parrot getting cold! How can I keep her warm??
I am already in the process of making a clear plastic cover to go over her cage and cut out any draughts but I’m still not sure she’ll be warm enough. Is there anything else that can be suggested? I’ve considered a pet heat mat ( I have a tray under the cage which would provide protection so she can’t chew on it) but would this provide adequate heat transference? Any advice would be welcome.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Hi and welcome !

A few of us have had this worrying dilema cross our minds and a couple of us (including myself ,butbdoesnt arrive for another week or so )have bought a k&h snuggle up cage heater (if your in the uk
,it can be purchased from amazon as i could find it at any of the major parrot supplie stores)

It came highly recommended from a few other members here

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Another vote for the SNuggle-Up. Salty loves his and lets him determine how warm he will be.

OP
A

Angiewood28

Sep 18, 2022
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
Hi and welcome !

A few of us have had this worrying dilema cross our minds and a couple of us (including myself ,butbdoesnt arrive for another week or so )have bought a k&h snuggle up cage heater (if your in the uk
,it can be purchased from amazon as i could find it at any of the major parrot supplie stores)

Thank you for you advice - much appreciated!

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
Hi and welcome !

Are they safe? Have they ever had like… overheating problems n stuff? Sorry I probably worry way too much but just curious

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Are they safe? Have they ever had like… overheating problems n stuff? Sorry I probably worry way too much but just curious
Not that ive read ,but that doesnt mean it couldnt happen how ever ,it only gets warm ,not even very warm or hot . I would do multiple checks on it during the day if it worries you

Albie loves his and its designed for it to hang on the cage wall above a pearch so he can move away if he gets too warm

Most Reactions

Latest posts