Kevin in Greytown 2.0

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
It's the process used that will define the length of shunned.

Proper introductions, staged assembly over days.

The involvement of HRH.

May the correct guesses be made.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Yes, pics are in order. Kev is very territorial over his cage (all vicious bites have happened at the cage). It will come in steps but I have a feeling it won’t take too long. Kev now easily moves around and is curious to inspect once he has become accustomed to the sight of something. He’s a real mess but I love him. He has a complaining sound to mock me: “ber ber ber.” Exactly that. When I scold him or take an upset tone, “ber ber ber.” As you can imagine, that is said multiple times a day!

There will surely be many ber ber bers in the coming days.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I sometimes think they are simply playing with us. As with many new things are on the outs with them. But, just try and take it away and one could become seriously injured. Or, will tease us with hiding the new toy and then find a box and have joy in make bits of it.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Smokey hated showers,no matter how I did it. In the kitchen sink with droplets from the faucet,wet lettuce leaves to roll around on,misting bottle..nothing enticed her. I ended up taking her in the shower with me putting her on tub floor and letting water from me cascade over her. She'd hunker down,pulling her clothes close to her body,lowering her head and shaking it,all the while giving the stinkiest stink eye ever! When all was said and done I'd scoop her up in a towel as she glared at me and chewed the towel. When I put her back on her roof top she'd let out a very LOUD WOOOO!! (her version of Kevvs ber ber ber) and stomp away victoriously as she won the argument.

I miss her so much.....:(

Jim

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Smokey must have been Kevin's cousin. They have a way of weaving their curiosities into our hearts.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
I took this quick photo when the new condo addition arrived yesterday evening. It took all of 10 months to get done! It?s about 6.5 feet by 3.5 feet by 6.5 feet tall. I think I?m the first to have made something like this. It is still needing more toys, ropes, perches, but I?ll add those in these coming days. All homemade of course. Kev?s favorite is cardboard boxes?no frills at least means less expensive.

I was wondering how he would react and if it would take days for him to accept it but not so. I set it on the verandah nearby his existing cage and this morning I found him atop the thing. He went on his morning stroll over Greytown and already inspected it.

I?m so glad he?s getting braver.

However, I gave him a new snack this morning in his chop: shredded beets. That, apparently, is radioactive.

Oh, the tangled web we weave.

bb977e4e1beabc50a7392d28a0917a89.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Sorry about the funny typing characters. I was using my iPad keyboard from the uk in above post and I think it must not jive with Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Typing issues is more likely a Parrot Forum issue with their most recent software upgrade as you may notice that it is common across several platforms, including the one that I use.

Congratulations Kevin! Your staff continue to find ways of your approval.

That is a True WOW!

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO
I took this quick photo when the new condo addition arrived yesterday evening. It took all of 10 months to get done! It?s about 6.5 feet by 3.5 feet by 6.5 feet tall. I think I?m the first to have made something like this. It is still needing more toys, ropes, perches, but I?ll add those in these coming days. All homemade of course. Kev?s favorite is cardboard boxes?no frills at least means less expensive.

I was wondering how he would react and if it would take days for him to accept it but not so. I set it on the verandah nearby his existing cage and this morning I found him atop the thing. He went on his morning stroll over Greytown and already inspected it.

I?m so glad he?s getting braver.

However, I gave him a new snack this morning in his chop: shredded beets. That, apparently, is radioactive.

Oh, the tangled web we weave.

bb977e4e1beabc50a7392d28a0917a89.jpg

That is awesome thanks for the update and pics.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Indeed, the dreaded stink eye awaits all who defy the routine. Depending on how badly you have violated said routine, you may even endure a buttfeathering.

For those who have need to understand what exactly a buttfeathering entails:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Nothing like the attitude of a Grey! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
No question what so ever! Greys pull it off with such precision that one feels guilty and are lost for a reason. Until they see the play /game in the eyes of there Owner! :D

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
King Kev gathered his courage today and ventured into the new condo. It took every bit of fortitude to face potential radioactive elements hiding in the new perches and toys.

Not too bad, tho?I think he will keep it.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

I could live in it if he doesn't like it :D

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
HRH must be over the top with joy and like wise attempting to conceal that his humans have gotten it so very right, but he can not risk letting them know! The secret life of a Grey King...

Some Greys Have All The Luck!!

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Today was spent decorating the new digs? interior. Hibiscus branches, complete with flowers, filled the outer corners of the condo. The decorators change these every three or four days to wiki things fresh and interesting for the increasingly entitled Kev.

The florists are busy keeping their stock up.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Hibiscus branches successfully demolished and now being replaced. Decorators finding it difficult to keep up with the precision saw-like manner Kev uses in arranging his branches.

Staff urged to be more proactive in seeking new branches in a prompt manner.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

In just a few short years,Kevv has gone from living on skid-row to his very own mansion with a garden to romp thru,with nummy flowers and tasty branches to destroy He's probably speechless! ( Naahhh...probably NOT!)
As Mr. Boat's stated "Greys have all the luck!"

Just a side question here,Lea..any update on the poor guy at the Inn/hotel/motel??

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts