Let the fun begin

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
This was suggested not long ago, and voila...here we have it, our own section for Photo Of The Month. :)

http://www.parrotforums.com/suggestions/34155-new-forum-section.html#post291537

Let's come up with an idea of a theme for August and then you all can start posting pictures. :D

We will set a timeline for posting pics, then when time's up one of the mods will create a poll, and then you all can vote for the best picture. :)

Please leave comments...input right here.

We want you all to have fun with this. :)

Oh the news got even better. ;)

The owner of the forum offered each winner one free year of Premium Membership, AND each winner could get recognized on the front page each month. :D

Woot woot woot!!!!!!

Great idea!! What are the ground rules? I assume that the photos must be taken in the month of the contest?

Nope, the ONLY rule is that each poster has to be the person who actually took the picture. :)

Now we need some ideas ASAP for this month.

For example:
* Snuggle picture/snuggly birds
* In flight
* Wet and wild
* Playtime

We will have a different "theme" each month. I'd like to get THIS months' going as soon as possible, but like I said, we need a "theme".

Then I (or another mod) will create a new thread with the title, for example:
AUGUST POTM: SNUGGLIES
There will be a deadline until when pictures can be submitted and then the thread will be closed.
Then we will create a poll and see who the winner is. :)

For an August theme, I'll toss out "Water Fun" for consideration. Pics would have to include your bird enjoying water in some way (shower, bath, drinking, etc).

For an August theme, I'll toss out "Water Fun" for consideration. Pics would have to include your bird enjoying water in some way (shower, bath, drinking, etc).

I can do that. Got a few cute shots of Monkeybutt playing in his bathing dish. :21:

Nice to bring this around, I generally don't get awesome shots of them doing cool things, but love to see pics of birds anyway! :)

I like the idea of the theme having something to do with water. In the northern hemisphere august is usually a pretty warm month, so "water fun" would be a fun theme!

I want to thank the moderators for putting this together so quickly! I do not have a bird to join in the festivities yet (hopefully we will have one in two months!), but I love looking at other peoples photos!
Also, a HUGE thank you to the owner of the forum for putting a prize to this fun game! Most forums don't really offer a prize, so it goes to show how much this forum's owners and moderators are here to make everyone have a great time on the forums!
Thanks Guys! You rock!! :D:D

This is awesome!!!!

I'm so excited to see all the feathery cuteness, and eventually be able to post my own!! :)

Maybe the winner should also get to pick next month's theme? Whaddaya think?:22:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back