Lewis parrot farm

Gibo

Jun 11, 2024
Hi all

I'm looking to purchase a large breed parrot. I lost my African Gray a couple of years ago and now feel ready to start a new journey with a new addition.
My Gray died at the age of 29 and the house doesn't feel the same with him.
which brings me to my question
Has anyone on here had any experience with lewis parrot farm? I'm just trying to make sure its legit before I send any money. I live in the south West of England and there are no parrot breeders for miles.
Thanks in advance

Congratulations mate on starting a new journey with an African Grey. It is a massive commitment and shows your love for them.

I have been contemplating being home a grey for 5 years now but not able to make the commitment yet.

Hi all

I'm looking to purchase a large breed parrot. I lost my African Gray a couple of years ago and now feel ready to start a new journey with a new addition.
Has anyone on here had any experience with lewis parrot farm? I'm just trying to make sure its legit before I send any money. I live in the south West of England and there are no parrot breeders for miles.
Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forums, @Gibo, firstly may I say how sorry I am for the loss of your Gray.

There are several red flags that I see when I looked up the breeder you mentioned. Firstly the parrots advertised all seem a bit too cheap, prices that are a little "too good to be true". Secondly the site has only been in existence since 2024, which is often not a good indicator for a company who claims to have been around for many years. Thirdly, I've done a Google search of a few of the parrot images on their pages, and it appears they've been lifted from other sources, such as Instagram in the case of the pic of the 3 Gray babies, an unrelated Facebook page for the parrot they call "Charlie", and a South African based classifieds service in the case of the Gray they call "Flore".

I notice they mention that you are "welcome to visit our farm, meet our parrots" - I'd be interested to know what they say to you if you were to message them and ask for a visit. I cannot say they are 100% a scam, but personally I wouldn't deal with them for these reasons. Best of luck to you in your search!

EDIT TO ADD: I've also notice another "Lewis Parrot Farm" who claim to be in the US with prices in USD. They list parrot eggs for sale which is an absolute indicator of a scam so you definitely do not want to be dealing with them.

Last edited:
Kiwi&Zeus,
Thanks for the message, I was also concerned about the price. I think I will give them a miss and try to find a breeder somewhere else. Unfortunately I live in the south west and I can't find a breeder in this area.

Kiwi&Zeus,
Thanks for the message, I was also concerned about the price. I think I will give them a miss and try to find a breeder somewhere else. Unfortunately I live in the south west and I can't find a breeder in this area.
This is always tricky. Finding a good breeder is challenging. In my experience good breeders never sell for cheap price. But that doesn’t mean everyone selling expensive is ethical. I feel that personally visiting the breeding facility is a good idea.

I have been looking to get a parrot for the first time myself, my cousin has an African grey called frankie, he's had him for a good decade now. I love him he's amazing so I've finally decided to make the commitment myself. Have been looking and came across this Lewis parrot farm myself.
Something didn't feel right so did some digging and the registered address is actually a butchers shop in Seaham, county Durham.

Hi all

Thanks in advance
Hi. I have purchased from Lewis before and they really served me well. I was able to visit and choose my own feather. Even though they are slow to respond sometimes, which is why I can't give them a 5 star. But they are concerned about the well being of their birds.

I have been looking to get a parrot for the first time myself, my cousin has an African grey called frankie, he's had him for a good decade now. I love him he's amazing so I've finally decided to make the commitment myself. Have been looking and came across this Lewis parrot farm myself.
Something didn't feel right so did some digging and the registered address is actually a butchers shop in Seaham, county Durham.

@Luke82, is the address 6 Blandford Place, Seaham, County Durham, SR7 7EL? Belonging to Angus Butchers shop?

Screenshot (93).png

Hi. I have purchased from Lewis before and they really served me well. I was able to visit and choose my own feather. Even though they are slow to respond sometimes, which is why I can't give them a 5 star. But they are concerned about the well being of their birds.

No. That's not the address, must have got the wrong address.

@plotskydaniel, since you say have purchased parrots from them and have visited their premises, would you please kindly advise their address? Because I have found listings for both at the same address so one of them must be incorrect 🤷‍♀️

Screenshot (95).png

Screenshot (96).png

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back