Lincolns in a mood

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I can assume its hormonal. He screams at all the little things and he had an absolute tantrum earlier today. He normally doesnt scream excessively so I went to go check on him and I guess he took that personally. In addition I recently got a mini fridge because I have food issues and my family wasnt respecting my boundaries. The only place I had room for it was the bird room so in there it went. Filled it up today and Lincoln tried to take my drinks so I shooed him away. He also, took that really hard. So he destroyed a toy that has been sitting there for months mostly untouched Oh well. beats screaming.

20220701_155629.jpg

20220701_154306.jpg

the toy is in even worse conditions now but I dont have updated pictures.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Aaa, the joys of an instant Hormonal Event!!
With our Amazon we get either a time of year or an advance attitude statement!!
Neat cooler, our Julio would have opened it himself and added his things!!

Well, good news, this to shall pass!!

Last edited:

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Yeah, Parker’s been a bit more reactive the last couple days too. LOUD growl/yells (wildly aggressive growls as loud as a scream) at the slightest movement. Can’t move within 10ft of his cage without a reaction. Especially at night.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Yeah, Parker’s been a bit more reactive the last couple days too. LOUD growl/yells (wildly aggressive growls as loud as a scream) at the slightest movement. Can’t move within 10ft of his cage without a reaction. Especially at night.
Lincoln has taken to staring out the window and screaming his tiny bird head off at.... nothing. Nothing at all.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am sorry to hear about Lincoln. Ekkie hormones can be a lot to handle. They are so emotional at times, and will do what I call the Ekkie whine if they don't get what they want, and when they want it. That, or you are just going to get the loud scream that makes your ears ring for a few seconds. Are all of the toys sitting on the floor Lincoln's? Does he like little balls? I have a real issue getting Nico to play at all.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
I am sorry to hear about Lincoln. Ekkie hormones can be a lot to handle. They are so emotional at times, and will do what I call the Ekkie whine if they don't get what they want, and when they want it. That, or you are just going to get the loud scream that makes your ears ring for a few seconds. Are all of the toys sitting on the floor Lincoln's? Does he like little balls? I have a real issue getting Nico to play at all.
yes all the floor toys are lincolns. He loves them and frequently scatters the balls everywhere. I have a little cart that I got from the craft store and I keep them all in the bottom so he can reach them.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
yes all the floor toys are lincolns. He loves them and frequently scatters the balls everywhere. I have a little cart that I got from the craft store and I keep them all in the bottom so he can reach them.
Are they cat balls? Do they make noises? I wanted to try them with Nico to see if he will play instead of feather plucking

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Ooo, I'm going to have to try that with the 'keets! They won't stop foraging on my floor, and my floor has fire repellent chemicals that I don't want them to ingest.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Are they cat balls? Do they make noises? I wanted to try them with Nico to see if he will play instead of feather plucking
It's a mix if different balls. Some are cats, some jingle. Some are rubber balls from the dog section that I took a crinkly cat toy and stuffed it inside. He loves crunching those.

Most Reactions

Latest posts