Lonely Male Budgie in Ohio

ThrowawayBirdGal

Jan 7, 2022
Parrots
2 budgies
My male budgie Enki lost his cage mate yesterday. I go to college in the fall and cannot take him with me.
The original plan was to give him AND his cage mate to a friend that has experience with them when I move, but she has no other birds at this time and it would break my heart for him to be all alone for the rest of his days.
Is there anyone near Western Ohio or Eastern Indiana with a flock he can join in? Even another lone bird to bond with would be great. I can still give him to my friend, but Iā€™d like to know my options. Heā€™d been bonded to his cage mate for nearly 5 years, and they were in a larger flock together beforehand. Iā€™d like him to have other birds if possible.

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
I hope you end up finding a good home where your bird can thrive in a flock he can call his own!
Fingers crossed someone will be interested!
You can also try to post in other forums or make an ad on craigslist with a reasonable rehoming fee and consider other necessary precautions in order for your rehoming process to be more accessible to others and much more smooth.

OP
T

ThrowawayBirdGal

Jan 7, 2022
Parrots
2 budgies
UPDATE: As of right now, Iā€™m looking to give Enki to a sanctuary so he can be with a flock of other birds and live a happy free life in the care of people that have the birds best interest in mind. Iā€™ve contacted a few, and am now just waiting for a response. Iā€™ll update again should they reject him for whatever reason.

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
UPDATE: As of right now, Iā€™m looking to give Enki to a sanctuary so he can be with a flock of other birds and live a happy free life in the care of people that have the birds best interest in mind. Iā€™ve contacted a few, and am now just waiting for a response. Iā€™ll update again should they reject him for whatever reason.
Tame birds may not benefit from sanctuary life. In sanctuaries they are constantly interacting with new birds/people. Just like some children don't benifit in the foster care system, some birds don't benefit from sanctuary life. If your bird is used to one-on-one attention, it's best to give him to a rescue where he can be adopted. If he prefers being around a lot of flock members, sanctuaries may be a better choice.

I hope your birdie founds the perfect home for him, I wish you both the best of luck! šŸ™‚

Most Reactions

Latest posts