Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Someone has been watching the birds too much and decided it's a good idea to perch on my shoulder too! Foolish baby, just turned 6 months old. I think she's a keeper. :)
20220103_184717.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Someone has been watching the birds too much and decided it's a good idea to perch on my shoulder too! Foolish baby, just turned 6 months old. I think she's a keeper. :)
View attachment 33719
Looks like maybe Master Wrench and Salty have some competition, huh? Avast ye shivering lubbers, make way for the Dread Pirate Queen of the Dalmatian Coast!! :D

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Nope, no magic involved. I'm just insanely lucky with finding good critters, or them finding me. (Not sure which) The puppy was long awaited and very much planned for. Two years, and finally a 9 hour drive each way to get her. Totally worth it.

I do liken dalmatians to parrots in that they're definitely not for everyone. They get over bread every time a new 101 dalmatian movie comes out, and people run out and buy them, then off to the pound when they can't deal with their, ummmmm... idiosyncrasies. Zoey is our 7th Dal over the last 30 years. High maintenance for sure, but oh, the personality! I love them so much :) We did have 4 at once at one point. Always a challenge to decide which one came to work with me each day!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
True, but sometimes I can't help but show off all that cuteness.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Dalmatian? What Dalmatian? That’s a Spotted Greater Crestless Macawkatoo on your shoulder! Very rare!
Haha, rare indeed! And equally demanding as the above DNA might suggest. I often think dals are kinda the cockatoos of the dog world. Probably the experience that gave me the patience, understanding, and determination to try to be a better birdie dad. Or perhaps I just like animals more than I care for most people? IDK, but I do adore our fur and feather babies :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Congratulations Good Friend!! Always a wonderful moment when one adds another Lover to the mix!!

It has been a long time since we have had a dog in our home. Our guy was an Alaska breed mixed with a long haired Alaska and the combination was a show-stopper, but the grooming was every day and bags of hair each week to add to the outgoing trash. Then we found an individual at one of the shows that was creating blankets from it.

But than an Amazon came to take-over and we haven't look back!

Again, congratulations!!
Cheers!!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Congratulations Good Friend!! Always a wonderful moment when one adds another Lover to the mix!!

It has been a long time since we have had a dog in our home. Our guy was an Alaska breed mixed with a long haired Alaska and the combination was a show-stopper, but the grooming was every day and bags of hair each week to add to the outgoing trash. Then we found an individual at one of the shows that was creating blankets from it.

But than an Amazon came to take-over and we haven't look back!

Again, congratulations!!
Cheers!!
Thank you, my friend. Never a dull moment in our house! We can't make blankets with it, but I can tell you, dalmatian hairs work their way into EVERYTHING! :)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Okay folks, she's not a bird right now... But since nobody was home to puppy sit today, it's bring your dogs to work day!!! (Again) :)
20220114_124658.jpg
20220114_125219.jpg

And if you're wondering, yes that's a cage set up in my office for bring your BIRD to work days. (when it's not too cold to take them outside) :D

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Okay folks, she's not a bird right now... But since nobody was home to puppy sit today, it's bring your dogs to work day!!! (Again) :)
View attachment 34272View attachment 34273
And if you're wondering, yes that's a cage set up in my office for bring your BIRD to work days. (when it's not too cold to take them outside) :D
THis is just too cute 😍
Im just wondering a pitbull and a collie?..
Sorry im terrible with dog breeds..

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Likely Pit, but my daughter adopted her from the shelter, and they claimed she was bulldog/jack russell mix. She's sweet regardless of what her DNA says. My big boy is German shepherd/border collie/ yellow lab. Was supposed to be a service dog for our son, but his herding instinct is waaaaay too strong. He's more interested in controlling and blocking than helping. Super smart though. Turns out, I'm his emotional support human lol!
20220114_130315.jpg

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
View attachment 33719
WOW, what kind of parrot is this? Seems like an interesting species you got there!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
WOW, what kind of parrot is this? Seems like an interesting species you got there!
I can't figure it out myself! Maybe she's a hybrid? 🤔

Most Reactions

Latest posts