Look What Showed Up at My Local Pet Shop!!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thank goodness they are only considering selling to serious (and qualified) buyers :) Thanks for the great pics.

BeakFace

Banned
Banned
Jan 23, 2013
He's in the front of the shop and they take him out of the enclosure daily regularly. I can suggest that they add more toys.

I hear they're incredibly intelligent, so they need brain stimulation too, kind of like Luci the Black Palm in this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1BuSktYvaQ]Black Palm Cockatoo Luci tricks4 - YouTube[/ame]

Luci in this video is now with me! She loves to play with all her educational games. I have another Palm named Poe that is only 1.5 years old and Luci will be 15 in April of 2014. Poe loves older women or so it seems! Funny I posted this earlier when she was still with her mom Jan. Who would ever think I would be given such a privilege of taking her. I loved her immediately!

Last edited:
OP
M
Dec 2, 2012
California Motherlode Area
Parrots
African Grey and Conures
I hear they're incredibly intelligent, so they need brain stimulation too, kind of like Luci the Black Palm in this video.

Black Palm Cockatoo Luci tricks4 - YouTube

Luci in this video is now with me! She loves to play with all her educational games. I have another Palm named Poe that is only 1.5 years old and Luci will be 15 in April of 2014. Poe loves older women or so it seems! Funny I posted this earlier when she was still with her mom Jan. Who would ever think I would be given such a privilege of taking her. I loved her immediately!

And why did you not post the acquisition of Luci immediately??? A pair of Black Palm that is a great pair. Congratulations about your great acquisitions of Luci! How long have you had Poe for?

BeakFace

Banned
Banned
Jan 23, 2013
I did post but maybe not on this forum. I have had her since Dec. 31, 2013. She is a delight. Love her, love her. Poe I've had since is was weaned at the age of 1 year old. I can't begin to tell the fun and love I share with them. So gentle in every way and so majestic. I never get bored with my love ones. Luci was with Jan since she was 6 months old and very well socialized. Palms are just so unique and so different. The sounds they make are incredible. I am very lucky indeed!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I just enjoy watching that video of Luci....they're just beautiful!!! We have a thing for black birds as we've got a Black Lory.

OP
M
Dec 2, 2012
Parrots
African Grey and Conures
I did post but maybe not on this forum. I have had her since Dec. 31, 2013. She is a delight. Love her, love her. Poe I've had since is was weaned at the age of 1 year old. I can't begin to tell the fun and love I share with them. So gentle in every way and so majestic. I never get bored with my love ones. Luci was with Jan since she was 6 months old and very well socialized. Palms are just so unique and so different. The sounds they make are incredible. I am very lucky indeed!

Congratulations again about the two! Their calls are something extremely exotic and nothing close to anything in the Parrot world that I have heard before.

OP
M
Dec 2, 2012
Parrots
African Grey and Conures
Looks as though they went to a Parrot breeder from Virginia not Massachusetts. He drove all the way from Virginia to California and back to pick them up. The Hyacinths (Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus) are going to be joining three other pairs of Hyacinth Macaws. While the Black Palm Cockatoo (Probosciger aterrimus) male is going to have a female mate and join a group of two other pairs of Black Palm Cockatoos. Allegedly this breeder has got three Goliath Black Cockatoo pairs as well.

These Parrots went to a great home it sounds!

Last edited:

Lovebird

Jan 4, 2014
Parrots
Peach Faced Lovebirds- Maxwell and Claire
Dream Bird: U2
I LOVE HYACINTHS!!! And that B&G has stunning color! And the palm! Where do you live?

Most Reactions

Latest posts