Looking for a breeder of Red Fronted Macaws

Breezy2013

Jun 28, 2022
Parrots
One Timneh Grey
Hi, I'm new here. I am looking for someone who breeds mini macaws. I had a blue and gold for a lot of years, but she got sick with liver issues and passed a few years ago. All I am seeing are scams out there. Does anyone know of a legit breeder? Thanks! I am in central Vermont. I am buying an Illiger's macaw. Could not find a red-fronted close by. Just waiting for my bank to transfer the funds.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to the forum!

It may help to add your general location:)

You can try Birdbreeders.com, although you do have to watch out for scammers everywhere.
I hope you are able to find one:)

wrench13

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yeah good luck with that. Macaw breeders are rare enough, finding a genuine breeder of that specific species ( which are rare in aviculture) is going to be a steep uphill search. I know of one parrot only store that had 2 for sale a few years ago, on long island, new york. Where are you located?

OP
B

Breezy2013

Jun 28, 2022
Parrots
One Timneh Grey
Yeah good luck with that. Macaw breeders are rare enough, finding a genuine breeder of that specific species ( which are rare in aviculture) is going to be a steep uphill search. I know of one parrot only store that had 2 for sale a few years ago, on long island, new york. Where are you located?
You are right they are rare. No luck, so I found and Illiger's getting him instead.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hi, I'm new here. I am looking for someone who breeds mini macaws. I had a blue and gold for a lot of years, but she got sick with liver issues and passed a few years ago. All I am seeing are scams out there. Does anyone know of a legit breeder? Thanks! I am in central Vermont. I am buying an Illiger's macaw. Could not find a red-fronted close by. Just waiting for my bank to transfer the funds.
I am in VT as well (hello!), and in a couple pet shops in the Upper Valley and NH (Lebanon and Claremont pet shops, privately owned), there are some really sweet rescued 'toos, a couple B&G's and a blue-throated macaw. And yeah, good luck with finding mini macaws. In such a small state there's almost no way you'll EVER find one!

Most Reactions

Latest posts