Looking for a breeder of Red Fronted Macaws

Breezy2013

Jun 28, 2022
Parrots
One Timneh Grey
Hi, I'm new here. I am looking for someone who breeds mini macaws. I had a blue and gold for a lot of years, but she got sick with liver issues and passed a few years ago. All I am seeing are scams out there. Does anyone know of a legit breeder? Thanks! I am in central Vermont. I am buying an Illiger's macaw. Could not find a red-fronted close by. Just waiting for my bank to transfer the funds.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to the forum!

It may help to add your general location:)

You can try Birdbreeders.com, although you do have to watch out for scammers everywhere.
I hope you are able to find one:)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yeah good luck with that. Macaw breeders are rare enough, finding a genuine breeder of that specific species ( which are rare in aviculture) is going to be a steep uphill search. I know of one parrot only store that had 2 for sale a few years ago, on long island, new york. Where are you located?

OP
B

Breezy2013

Jun 28, 2022
Parrots
One Timneh Grey
Yeah good luck with that. Macaw breeders are rare enough, finding a genuine breeder of that specific species ( which are rare in aviculture) is going to be a steep uphill search. I know of one parrot only store that had 2 for sale a few years ago, on long island, new york. Where are you located?
You are right they are rare. No luck, so I found and Illiger's getting him instead.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hi, I'm new here. I am looking for someone who breeds mini macaws. I had a blue and gold for a lot of years, but she got sick with liver issues and passed a few years ago. All I am seeing are scams out there. Does anyone know of a legit breeder? Thanks! I am in central Vermont. I am buying an Illiger's macaw. Could not find a red-fronted close by. Just waiting for my bank to transfer the funds.
I am in VT as well (hello!), and in a couple pet shops in the Upper Valley and NH (Lebanon and Claremont pet shops, privately owned), there are some really sweet rescued 'toos, a couple B&G's and a blue-throated macaw. And yeah, good luck with finding mini macaws. In such a small state there's almost no way you'll EVER find one!

Kriss

Oct 7, 2022
Los Angeles
Parrots
Lorie
It's will be good if you can pass to my location . I have 2 of them but don't really know if you can afford it at a good price .

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
It's will be good if you can pass to my location . I have 2 of them but don't really know if you can afford it at a good price .
Why would you say that you don't know if they could afford it? What made you jump to that conclusion? Your assumption was disrespectful.

Also, if you are wanting to sell multiple birds here, you have to become a Supporting Vendor. I can give you the info on who to contact if you're interested in this, just send me a PM.

Linda044

Oct 7, 2022
Denver Colorado
Parrots
Blue and Gold Macaw
Hi, I'm new here. I am looking for someone who breeds mini macaws. I had a blue and gold for a lot of years, but she got sick with liver issues and passed a few years ago. All I am seeing are scams out there. Does anyone know of a legit breeder? Thanks! I am in central Vermont. I am buying an Illiger's macaw. Could not find a red-fronted close by. Just waiting for my bank to transfer the yes
Yes you are right alot of scam but I only know of a reliable and trustworthy breeder in that strictly breed Macaw bought my blue and Gold Macaw from her 19 months ago after i have been burnt twice by scammer so for now that's the only legit breeder i know You can PM so I can give you more details

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yes you are right alot of scam but I only know of a reliable and trustworthy breeder in that strictly breed Macaw bought my blue and Gold Macaw from her 19 months ago after i have been burnt twice by scammer so for now that's the only legit breeder i know You can PM so I can give you more details

Neither of you have enough posts to be able to PM yet, but a Mod would be happy to forward messages for you.
Just ask any of us:
@Terry57
@saxguy64
@Cottonoid
@ravvlet

Most Reactions

Latest posts