Looking for footprints

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi folks,

I'm posting here in hopes somebody may be able to help me. My budgie passed back in December, and I had always intended to get his footprints and have them tattooed on me. Unfortunately, I never got around to it, and obviously now I can't get them. I've looked on google but there aren't any actual budgie footprints, just larger parrots, which look different.

I was wondering if anyone has their budgie's prints and would be willing to give them to me. I'd be editing them to be a more solid black and not leaving in a ton of detail, so it won't be your bird's feet on me, I'll only use it as a base. I'd really appreciate it if anyone would be willing to share. I had considered a portrait tattoo as well but Stanley was albino so it wouldn't really look how I'd like it to.

Thank you for your time

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
I can try. But likely won't be quick...
[URL
unfurl="true"]https://images.app.goo.gl/bSaW9jqPPEqGdGLb8[/URL]
Those were the only photos I found too... The one with the budgie on it's back is a possibility but I'm not sure if I'll be able to translate it in a way that it's straight enough. I appreciate the help. :)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I just tried with paint....didn't work. Especislly difficult to get him to open closed foot and stand on paper as well.....Washed him up, all ok. So must needs something special? So probably I'm not going to be able to help.

Even getting a photo of open foot probably more stressful than I'd manage as being the holder and picture taker

I'm very sorry for your loss. And this sounds like a lovely beautiful way to remember him.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
I just tried with paint....didn't work. Especislly difficult to get him to open closed foot and stand on paper as well.....Washed him up, all ok. So must needs something special? So probably I'm not going to be able to help.

Even getting a photo of open foot probably more stressful than I'd manage as being the holder and picture taker

I'm very sorry for your loss. And this sounds like a lovely beautiful way to remember him.
Omg, thank you so much for even trying, I didn't realize you were going to do that! The only other thing I've heard of people using is beet juice, and then letting them walk on the paper. With that there's no need to clean up usually and it's safe for them.

Please, don't stress them out for my sake. I appreciate you doing what you've done already!

Thank you. It's something that I'd really like to do for him, he was my baby, and my first introduction to the idea that a bird can be a loving pet! I never understood before him.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ziel, I don't know if this is any good to you - it's a print from the paper bags I get from my vet whenever I get my cockatiel's meds from them. I'm not actually *certain* that they are budgie feet but looking at my Val's feet (and I would NEVER get prints of any quality from him!), they do look pretty similar ...

bbv1 (2).JPG

I hope this might help you 🙏

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Ziel, I don't know if this is any good to you - it's a print from the paper bags I get from my vet whenever I get my cockatiel's meds from them. I'm not actually *certain* that they are budgie feet but looking at my Val's feet (and I would NEVER get prints of any quality from him!), they do look pretty similar ...

View attachment 33804

I hope this might help you 🙏
Those are pretty good!! I’ll definitely consider them!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I recall seen such a print from a Art Supply Store /Group that one would use to create Parrot tracks on paper or Art.

I believe they where made from rubber mound on wood blocks and use and ink pad to wet the rubber print.

Sorry, have an clue were, or who has them.

Most Reactions