Looking for some meal tips for Willy

tassanil

May 20, 2024
Parrots
Amazon
I have a question about feeding my parrot, Willy. Specifically, I'm wondering about the recommended time for leaving out the chop (fresh food like fruits and vegetables). I keep the dry pellets available 24/7, but he doesn't seem interested in that bowl at all, and I don't want to leave perishable food out too long, but I've noticed that Willy will sometimes go to his bowl even an hour after I've served it and he is wasting a lot, should I remove it after 1 hour, put it in the fridge and then re-serve the same food or just toss it? I currently feed him chop twice a day. fyi. Willy is approx 59 years old (430 grams) and I don't know his feeding patterns as I've only had him for 1 week (tomorrow).

To ensure Willy receives a balanced and nutritious diet, monitor his eating habits, offer fresh chop twice a day, minimize waste, encourage pellet consumption, and consult with an avian veterinarian. Observe his eating habits, offer a variety of pellet brands, sizes, shapes, and flavors, and consider combining them with his chop. Consult with a veterinarian for personalized recommendations based on Willy's individual needs and health status.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back