Lost HawkHeads in Australia

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Just sharing a message that popped up on Facebook. How sad is this? :(

Official ParrotAlert notification pending

Hawk Head*Australian National Lost Pet Group
Offering a $70,000 REWARD for any information that leads to locating a pair of Hawk Head Parrots that were stolen. PH: 0434 570 941
We are asking the help of the public to assist us in locating these rare and endangered exotic birds. There are very few numbers (less than 12) of these birds available in Australia, and are never seen for sale publicly.
If you know anyone that has been offered to buy or who has bought a pair of Hawk Head parrots, we ask for your assistances.
We are offering a large reward of $70,000 to the person/s that can supply us with any information that leads to the location and recovery of our STOLEN Hawk Head Parrots. We believe that the Hawk Head Parrots are in Sydney NSW area. All leads will be kept confidential, please feel free to contact us via email or SMS.
The Hawk Head Parrot is a rare endangered parrot that is listed on the "CITES LIST" (Internationally endangered plants and animals) with the Australian Government Department of the Environment, who monitor and control the possession of all animals listed on the "CITES LIST".
There are severe penalties for possessing and selling an animal that is listed on the "CITES LIST" without having in your possession the following documents that prove (1) purchase transaction documents & (2) proof of legal origin & (3) proof of descendants of original legal importation.
The necessary proof of documents are - (1) Class 1 Exotic Bird MTR (2) Receipt from the Seller in the form of a Statutory Declaration (3) Micro-chip Certificate (4) DNA Descendant Certificate.
Penalties - The penalty for illegal possession and sale under the national environment law is gaol of up to five years and/or a fine of up to $110,000. Further penalties include the confiscation of all animals in the offenders possession.
On top of these penalties there are also criminal penalties for stealing, purchasing property suspected of being stolen and fraud; with such crimes being punishable by gaol and/or a fine.
For the person/s that have stolen these birds for monetary value, please understand that these birds are monitored by the Australian Governments "EBAG" Scheme (Exotic Bird keepers Advisory Group); therefore are virtually impossible to sell these birds at market value without the correct documentation.
If you have STOLEN these birds with the plan to breed them and sell there offspring, you will be disappointed to know that there offspring once sold, there DNA can be traced back to our Hawk Heads as being listed as STOLEN.
All we ask is that these rare and endangered birds are surrendered for the best interest of this species. To surrender these birds, you can deliver the birds to any JetPet Agency in Australia and have them contact myself where I shall pay for having these birds freighted back to me. If the birds are surrendered without harm to them and by the 30th of January 2015, we will not seek any criminal charges, however if the birds are not returned by this date, we will seek full prosecution under the law.

It's to be hoped these poor birds are found quickly and returned to their home with the least amount of stress possible. Australians living in capital cities, keep your eyes open for any evidence of these precious birds.

Betrisher

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Angry swearing and cursing, fist-shaking and foot-stamping.

Some people make me sick.

I hope somebody dobs them in and the birds are recovered. And I hope that the lowlifes at least know how to meet the animals' needs during their kidnap ordeal. If they are some idiots, they could very well kill them through ignorance.

Most Reactions

Latest posts