Lost my Parrot of 36 years. Need to sell her cages and such. Wonder how much to ask for them

auntdooey

Nov 20, 2016
Howdy

In May I lost my Winston who had been with me for 36 years. I finally got her cage, and perches cleaned. I am too old to start with another bird so I need to sell them. Just wondering what price to ask. I would rather sell them as a group. I have a large cage I bought 3 years ago. I have a large jungle talk perch - the green one. The plastic tray that came with it is long gone but I just put down a cheap table cloth from Walmart below the cage and solved that problem. I have a smaller wooden perch box I kept in my office for her. I have a perch that attached to the mirror in my bathroom. She always wanted to be there when I was showering. And finally I have 5 gallons of Zuprene for large parrots. Any suggestions on what price I should ask. The cage itself was $300. I live in the Dallas Fort worth Texas area and don't want to hassle with shipping it somewhere. Any suggestions on price or where to advertise
IMG_0884[1].JPG
IMG_0886[1].JPG
IMG_0896[1].JPG
IMG_0899[1].JPG
IMG_0891[1].JPG
would be appreciated.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi auntdooey, firstly let me say how very sorry I am for your loss of Winston after such a long and cherished life! My sincerest condolences go out to you at this very difficult time.

It's perfectly fine to advertise the cage here - in fact I've just moved this thread to our "Accessories For Sale" sub-forum to hopefully give it a bit more exposure. Just so you are aware, members with fewer than 10 posts on the Forum are unable to private message directly, but if you wish to contact another member or vice versa, simply send your message to one of the Mod team and we will be happy to pass messages on for you. :)

OP
A

auntdooey

Nov 20, 2016
Hi auntdooey, firstly let me say how very sorry I am for your loss of Winston after such a long and cherished life! My sincerest condolences go out to you at this very difficult time.

It's perfectly fine to advertise the cage here - in fact I've just moved this thread to our "Accessories For Sale" sub-forum to hopefully give it a bit more exposure. Just so you are aware, members with fewer than 10 posts on the Forum are unable to private message directly, but if you wish to contact another member or vice versa, simply send your message to one of the Mod team (saxguy64, Scott, Terry57 or me) and we will be happy to pass messages on for you. :)
Thank you. It is still hard when I stop and think about it. That's why it took me so long to be ready to let her stuff go. Thanks for moving the post to that forum I appreciate that.
Sorry for the loss
Thank you.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you. It is still hard when I stop and think about it. That's why it took me so long to be ready to let her stuff go. Thanks for moving the post to that forum I appreciate that.

Thank you.
No trouble at all, auntdooey, you're most welcome. Perhaps when you feel ready you may wish to post on our "Remembrance" forum, so that our membership can help you to honour Winston's life. I know this very generous community would be only too happy to support you at this time.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you are very brave for taking care of business so fearlessly. It will be great for another bird to enjoy the beautiful stuff in your darling's memory. My Rickeybird is 37.
I'm glad you shared with us.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Depending on your location, which you did not provide, will define the price as an area where Parrots are common will see a higher price than where then are rare. The cage could see between 100 to 200 US dollars. The perch between 50 to 100 US dollars. The additional items are all under 20 US dollars. Pricing provided by Mrs. Boats.

Consider donating them to a "not-for-profit" Parrot rescue in your area.

Very sorry for your loss.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I agree with above, depends on market ...cages like that go from 50-200 around me. Average about 75. I know we pay way more for them when new...but that's how it goes.
You can ask for top dollar, maybe you get it, or maybe you have to accept a lower offer.
Those look like new , very little used perches, but I would never buy used perches .....

You can also donate to wildlife rehab. They often have need of cages. I donated one to a wildlife rehab, they stuck 3 young crow's in it immediately @

Last edited:
OP
A

auntdooey

Nov 20, 2016
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you are very brave for taking care of business so fearlessly. It will be great for another bird to enjoy the beautiful stuff in your darling's memory. My Rickeybird is 37.
I'm glad you shared with us.
thank you. Winston was 38 but I got her when she was 2 years old. I never married so she has been my constant companion these last 36 years. I still expect to see her or go to check on her. She was such a huge part of my life.

OP
A

auntdooey

Nov 20, 2016
Depending on your location, which you did not provide, will define the price as an area where Parrots are common will see a higher price than where then are rare. The cage could see between 100 to 200 US dollars. The perch between 50 to 100 US dollars. The additional items are all under 20 US dollars. Pricing provided by Mrs. Boats.

Consider donating them to a "not-for-profit" Parrot rescue in your area.

Very sorry for your loss.
I live in the Dallas Ft. Worth Tx areas. thank you for your input.

Most Reactions

Latest posts