Lost- very noisy ringneck :(

Sunflower89

Mar 25, 2024
Parrots
Indian RIngneck
Hi All
I am lost and do not know what to do. Nothing I have tried is working.
My ringneck is so noisy the only time she is happy is if I am staring at her.
I ignore her screaming and when she stops after a little bit I bring her out and she starts screaming again.
She can be at home with my daughter and sit there no covers and not scream but with me it is a totally different story.
I just do not know how to train her properly for her needs and do not want to have her being put in a room where she is alone to just get her to stop screaming.

I knew my conures sounds and what to do for her. With my indian there does not see to be any pattern to it.
I love her and need help from people who know better, so she has a great quality of life and I do not get headaches everyday.
Any help is much appreciate.

Thank you

Bertica2964

Mar 27, 2024
Media
Albums
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
I have an Indian Ringneck and I dont have any problems with him but he is out of the cage all day with my Quaker Parrot, you might want to try to spend a lot of time with her and keep her out of her cage as much as you can they love to be involve with everything you do…

OP
S

Sunflower89

Mar 25, 2024
Parrots
Indian RIngneck
I have an Indian Ringneck and I dont have any problems with him but he is out of the cage all day with my Quaker Parrot, you might want to try to spend a lot of time with her and keep her out of her cage as much as you can they love to be involve with everything you do…
The thing I am finding is she is not the best flyer. I am so scared she will hurt herself. So shes not out a huge amount anymore. When I bought her she could not even step up. I know there is a debates about this but I just want her safe. So with this one I am not sure I should cut her wings or not. What do others do about there windows in this situation. Close curtains?? I am open to any suggestions. I just want her safe.

Thank you for replying.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
The thing I am finding is she is not the best flyer. I am so scared she will hurt herself. So shes not out a huge amount anymore. When I bought her she could not even step up. I know there is a debates about this but I just want her safe. So with this one I am not sure I should cut her wings or not. What do others do about there windows in this situation. Close curtains?? I am open to any suggestions. I just want her safe.

Thank you for replying.
I'm not one to give advice as to training, my flock walk all over me! But I'm fairly sure you will find that your ringneck's flying will improve with practice. Sometimes it takes them a while to be confident in the air, particularly if they had their wings clipped as babies before they learned to fly properly. Curtains over the windows are great to keep them safe, I have net curtains over virtually all of mine, and timber Venetian type blinds over the others. Every window in my home also has flyscreens to keep bugs out, which is a necessity here in Australia! My birds will occasionally still collide with a window if perhaps an outdoor bird sets off an alarm call and gets my flock panicking, but those measures over the windows are enough to either get them to change direction or slow them WAY down so an accidental collision is not serious, and they still allow plenty of airflow and light to get in :)

OP
S

Sunflower89

Mar 25, 2024
Parrots
Indian RIngneck
I'm not one to give advice as to training, my flock walk all over me! But I'm fairly sure you will find that your ringneck's flying will improve with practice. Sometimes it takes them a while to be confident in the air, particularly if they had their wings clipped as babies before they learned to fly properly. Curtains over the windows are great to keep them safe, I have net curtains over virtually all of mine, and timber Venetian type blinds over the others. Every window in my home also has flyscreens to keep bugs out, which is a necessity here in Australia! My birds will occasionally still collide with a window if perhaps an outdoor bird sets off an alarm call and gets my flock panicking, but those measures over the windows are enough to either get them to change direction or slow them WAY down so an accidental collision is not serious, and they still allow plenty of airflow and light to get in :)
Thank you so much for this advice. I just love her so much.

OP
S

Sunflower89

Mar 25, 2024
Parrots
Indian RIngneck
I might have to just keep the curtasins closed still as i have crimsafe not mesh. It is alot more sturdy.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I might have to just keep the curtasins closed still as i have crimsafe not mesh. It is alot more sturdy.
Oh I have Crimsafe and other security grilles as well, the net curtains and Venetians cover everything that would otherwise be a plain sheet of glass and makes them much safer :)

OP
S

Sunflower89

Mar 25, 2024
Parrots
Indian RIngneck
Oh I have Crimsafe and other security grilles as well, the net curtains and Venetians cover everything that would otherwise be a plain sheet of glass and makes them much safer :)
Ok great. I will just make sure they are everywhere. thank you :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts