Love bird questions

Mashed_Potato2021

Nov 21, 2021
Parrots
Peach faced Lovebird
Hi! I was wondering what age you should wait till you offer your lovebird a bath? is there anything I can do help bond with lovebird other than hold and play with him? This is the first time I’ve had a lovebird so I would love some advice!

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
Hello, what's his name?
What is his favorite food?
You will need this for training him.

Some of the bonding bridges are....

..Calling his name often

..Eat near him

..Let him eat from your plate

..Encourage various healthy food
such as boiled egg, boiled pumpkin, cooked spaghetti, cucumber 🥒

..Teach simple commands
Step up on a stick
Step up on a finger
Turn

As for the shower 🚿
I suggest you get him familiarize with a hair blower noise first. Try blowing your hair from a few meters away. Move closer everyday until next to him.

I would let him take it at his own pace.

On a sunny morning.....
Let him watch you put 1cm deep water in a shallow dish. Put your hand ✋ palm down on the dish. Talk to him, tell him it is nice and warm. Let him observe that the water is shallow.

Wait for him to feel safe enough to jump on your hand in the dish. If he bend down to drink from the water, he feel safe. Let him jump on the water on his own. If he does, you might need to blow him dry on a cold day.

You will show us his photo, won't you?

OP
Mashed_Potato2021

Mashed_Potato2021

Nov 21, 2021
Parrots
Peach faced Lovebird
Thank you soooo much! I don’t have a name yet but I’m working on it. And he doesn’t seem to like any fruits I give him, I’m going to give him a hard boiled egg today and see if he likes that!

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
Thank you soooo much! I don’t have a name yet but I’m working on it. And he doesn’t seem to like any fruits I give him, I’m going to give him a hard boiled egg today and see if he likes that!

Introduction of new food depends mostly on familiarity and trust. For instance, leave unpeeled mango in his cage for a few days. Your buddy will get less afraid of the new smell. Then cut in small size so it is less intimidating. As for how to offer new food, this thread has detailed information.

Post in thread 'How to get my cockatiel to eat fruit' https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/how-to-get-my-cockatiel-to-eat-fruit.91574/post-946126

Most Reactions

Latest posts