Lovebird bleeding from foot

Riot

Jan 2, 2023
Media
Parrots
Lovebird
When I bought my lovebird he had 2 missing claws, and an inverted claw. (I noticed this way after I had bought him). That inverted claw has become a problem because my lovebird started bleeding from there. I don't know why or how. I tried applying some antiseptic powder to the site of the bleeding but he is still bleeding probably because of the pressure thats being applied when he stands on that leg so the wound keeps opening up. If he remains the way he is right now he will just keep on bleeding. It has been like this for a few days but i expected it to just make a crust and regenerate. I noticed today when I woke up a few hours ago blood staining the perch he usually sits on. What do I do? At the moment he is not actively bleeding or anything but I'm guessing the wound is still there. Would gentian violet do anything?
(And yes I had to put him on his back to take the photo and apply the antiseptic powder but he was suprisingly calm)

Attachments

• 20230822_100802.jpg
    20230822_100802.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 17

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Hello dear. Dont worry its nothing critical for him, my lovebird is clipped and he fell from my balcony and broke his leg and he amputated it eventually,he bled also but I preformed a cast on it to try to save his leg unfortunately didnt work but stoped the bleeding.your bib will get better try to put him in a small package with holes and let him rest until blood stops.

Most Reactions

Latest posts