Lovebird?

AngelicaandBandit

Apr 25, 2013
Hi everyone!

My sister and I are thinking of getting a lovebird sometime in June and I was wondering is there anything specific I need to know about them. We are thinking of a peach faced lovebird. Another thing is, is it possible for Bandit to get along with a lovebird? I leaning towards no, of course they will NOT be housed together, I mean as in would we be able to let the two out together? Of course Bandit is gigantic compared to a lovebird, if you don't already know Bandit is a RB2.

Anyways, I'd love to hear from people owning a lovebird/s

Advise would be appreciated!

i would be highly unlikely to have both out. lovebirds often have a huge attitude for a tiny bird and will often try to take on larger birds, which can result in injury or death for the lovebird if the cockatoo has ever had enough.

lovebirds are cute, but they can have a bit of a feisty attitude and can be nippy. hens are usually very cage aggressive (more so during hormonal months)

chatty, bold, and adorable, but they can be just as challenging as the large parrots! otherwise, they can be great birds. just be aware that some can pack a good bite if they want, for their size ;) males are more gentle and more laid back but mine is a tad nippy in his cage, but his nips are a joke lol he's kinda wimpy.

they can be cuddly, velcro birds, and they are goofy and active and are always on the go. they love getting into trouble and they are just hilarious watch tumble about and beat the heck out of their toys and make a mess!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!! Haha you're getting me all excited and now Bandit is chattering away excitedly too haha

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back