so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Lucky entered our lives in 2001 or 2002 (I don't remember the exact year).

I was never interested in the smaller birds.
Had nothing against them but I did not want a bird with a short(er) lifespan.
I won't go into the details of finding him in the ivy planter at work. Somewhere on the PF there should be a thread "Lucky's story".

http://www.parrotforums.com/incredible-journeys-bird-stories-bird-lovers/65583-lucky-s-story.html

He chose my wife as his person but that did not mean she could touch him. Lucky did not want to be touched, only on the feet for a step up.
He would sit behind my wife on the back of the recliner and sing his little heart out. Sometimes he would start grooming her hair.

He brought joy and laughter to our home.

I have a number of photos of Lucky and one video.
These pics are not photos I would normal post as they do not meet the standard of quality I want.
But there will never be any more.

Lucky closer bird and Baby distant bird getting ready for a bath by wes mcfaden, on Flickr
[ame="https://youtu.be/WGavDW63mqs"]Lucky taking a bath - YouTube[/ame]

Lucky in flight and breaking by wes mcfaden, on Flickr

incoming by wes mcfaden, on Flickr

mug shot by wes mcfaden, on Flickr

Miss you by wes mcfaden, on Flickr

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
What a lovely tribute, Wes. Goshdarnit it someone isn't cutting onions over here! I love the video of Lucky in the bath. Fang does a similar thing trying to turn himself inside out at bath time, it must be a cockatiel thing :) Lucky sure was lucky that your paths just happened to cross - may they cross again one day. Prayers for you and Lucky and your family and flock, Wes :smile015:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Magnificent homage to Lucky, Wes. What a gorgeous bird, immortalized in pics, video, and your heartfelt words of love.

You can honestly state smoking had at least one benefit!

Most Reactions