Macaw eggs

EmeraldQuetzal

May 8, 2017
Parrots
A Military Macaw (Genji)
I've seen people hatching parrot eggs before and some people buying parrot eggs before, where I live its hard to find macaws around, I was lucky when my friend gave me my genji as a gift, and I was wondering if there is any way to buy macaw eggs? Or do you have to have a second macaw?:blue::blue: , :red::red:

Thanks, - EmeraldQuetzal

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am assuming you are talking about Web Based Video or at a Breeder or Parrot Pet Store.

Raising Parrot chicks is very difficult and far different from raising Chickens. It requires a huge knowledge base and an expensive gathering of equipment and tools. In addition a knowledgable Vet to provide medical care 'when' things go bad and with Parrots they can go bad very quickly. One can place a huge amount of time and money into this process and never produce a chick. In addition, there is a huge commitment to gathering the knowledge and experience.

Once you have that chick, there is yet more to know and have to arrive at a fully fledged baby Parrot. The investment in this single chick will have cost you huge amounts of time and money beyond the cost of finding an Adult Parrot.

The number of Parrot chicks that lose their life because of individuals that do not have the equipment, education and experience is likely in the thousands each year. The heartache of those individuals feel must be huge. Please do not take on that pain!

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Anyone selling you macaw eggs... they probably aren't fertile.

99 times out of 100 it's a rip off.

Most Reactions