Make your own parrot toys.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
I love this site! I just wanna start making toys now. Going to try out some ideas with materials available around the house, like the shoebox one- thats easy enough! Will post some pics when im finished!!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
This site is amazing, and the toys are realatively easy and cheep to make. I've made a few for Bucc and the little guys, and they love em. :)

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Thanks Peta for this site. I don't know about everyone else but my parrots love shreddable toys, and $20 each for a toy thats lasts less then an hour is a bit much. Also I really wanted an atom but they were expensive to buy. Now I can make one, this site is a god sent!!! I can't wait to start making toys!!!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah, Bucc loves to destroy toys, so it works out real expensive to keep buying them from pet stores, I have made a few things from that site, and have plans on making many more for all my guys here,

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I have a shopping list of supplies to pick up!!! I'll have to take some pictures when I finish if they turn out ok. I like the shreddable ones with the coffee filters, they would be perfect!!!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I really like the name featherhead. Thanks for the site. One day I will compare prices on all the sites that have toy parts. I just wrapped a cinnamon stick in a coffee filter and Rosie seems to get much enjoyment from this activity. The sticks are good for them too.
I love making toys. You kinda go around at neighbors and friends picking up little discarded things that will be good in toys. Does anyone use the little plastic chains instead of the stainless steel? Wondering how they will hold up.

Shelbyrenee1329

Nov 4, 2012
Michigan
Thanks for posting. Toys can get so expensive! Making them at home means I could make what I know my bird likes and she could have more toys then I could afford to buy otherwise.

Most Reactions

Latest posts