Making parrot tree

TGPGAMING619

Apr 16, 2022
Parrots
Indian ringneck
Basically right now I have a tree I made with many multiple branches connected of different trees but its not that good and not stable as its just connected with ropes. My gardener found a really big branch that I want to make Into a tree.
View attachment 39861
This is my tree

This is the biggggg branch
IMG-20220513-WA0000.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20220513-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220513-WA0001.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 94
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Basically right now I have a tree I made with many multiple branches connected of different trees but its not that good and not stable as its just connected with ropes. My gardener found a really big branch that I want to make Into a tree.
View attachment 39861
This is my tree

This is the biggggg branch View attachment 39863
So cool! I have a similar bird tree, also DIY. Just make sure the tree is parrot-safe, as your little one will probably want to chew it!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi. Not only parrot safe wood/tree but you will want to make sure your not bringing any pests, bugs or diseases in with it. Right now, North America is experiencing a bout of Bird Flu in native species ( and even some parrots have caught it too) so you need to be careful if you are in NA. I would bake in the oven at oh 250deg F for an hour, to make sure its OK.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi. Not only parrot safe wood/tree but you will want to make sure your not bringing any pests, bugs or diseases in with it. Right now, North America is experiencing a bout of Bird Flu in native species ( and even some parrots have caught it too) so you need to be careful if you are in NA. I would bake in the oven at oh 250deg F for an hour, to make sure its OK.
Agreed. I was going to type that but decided not to..

BTW, OP is from middle east, they mentioned it in another thread :)

Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
Oh no, don't worry! I just mean that it seems a lot of ringnecks take a little while to trust new people. You'll get there very soon I bet! :)

OP
T

TGPGAMING619

Apr 16, 2022
Parrots
Indian ringneck
Lol my family friend has two. They managed to tame one in less then a month. The other is just jealous and bites.
Today this guy opened a tiny door from under a cover and came out and just went to its tree πŸ˜†

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I’m not sure if you could fit that big branch in your oven but you could surely soak it in bleach water and scrub off any crud.

I have made bird trees by putting a branch in a clay flowerpot and mixing up plaster of Paris. Then pour the liquid plaster of Paris into the pot and let it set. Put some sand or stones over the plaster and you have a nice solid weighted perch.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I also have the similar tree for my parrot, but it is a bit shorter. Really good idea, but my parrot always tries to chew it.
Does it matter that your parrot chews it? That is good exercise for your parrot and keeps his beak trim.

I cut branches and clean them for my birds cages. I know they will chew them up eventually. It’s cheaper than the bird demolishing another $15 toy anyhow!

Most Reactions

Latest posts