Medical Stuff (aka my possibly interesting(?) experience of being alive)

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Fun fact that I learned from my mom today:
I have low blood pressure. It actually runs in my family.

Edit: It's literally a fun fact. No sarcasm. Since my low blood pressure doesn't affect me very much, it's not an issue. Just interesting.

Last edited:

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
How you handle your medical issues is what is important. No one should be telling you that what you think isn't valid, or gaslighting you. I am sorry if you've had these poor experiences in the past.

I do hope that things start to look up for you, and that you find healing through tough times.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I got blood drawn earlier today. 9 vials. I was quite nervous, because last time they took 1 vial and my arm went numb and I got dizzy. I think it's because of my low blood pressure. Anyhoo, today they were drawing blood for food sensitivity tests, a blood sugar test, to test for disorders where I can't absorb certain vitamins properly, and a couple other things. I think it was around 15 tests in total.

My dad had asked me how it felt to have my blood drawn beforehand (he also has low blood pressure, and I think he could see that I was kind of having an anxiety attack), and I said it made me feel kind of dizzy and numb, so he talked to me the whole time they were doing the blood draw, and the doctor talked a bit too. Just kind of generic stuff about the birds and the vacation we're taking this weekend. It helped a lot, I barely felt a thing!

So now I just have to wait for the results! I have another appointment in August to discuss the results and the steps from there.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I'm feeling super dysphoric about my chest and hair. My parents won't let me cut my hair short, and ignore me every time I ask, and they won't let me safely bind my chest. I'm contacting my aunt right now to ask her if she can get me a binder, the dysphoria is horrible and I feel trapped in the body of a girl.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
What.... I don't understand why they don't want let you cut your hair... not all girls have long hair, honestly, in this case gender doesn't matter... I had friends who had VERY short hair and were girls...

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
What.... I don't understand why they don't want let you cut your hair... not all girls have long hair, honestly, in this case gender doesn't matter... I had friends who had VERY short hair and were girls...
I know... I'm honestly not sure if it's a control thing or not. I think my dad would let me cut my hair if I asked, though. My mom has always been trying to control my hair, I think she views it as something that's hers or something she owns. I think she should be glad if cutting my hair short is the worst thing I do as a teen, LOL.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
I know... I'm honestly not sure if it's a control thing or not. I think my dad would let me cut my hair if I asked, though. My mom has always been trying to control my hair, I think she views it as something that's hers or something she owns. I think she should be glad if cutting my hair short is the worst thing I do as a teen, LOL.
maybe its something like what my parents think? guy's shouldent have long hair and Gal's shouldent have short have short hair? idk thats just waht my parents say for the most part

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I can understand that they don't want you to get a binder, but the hair is kind of unnecessary.. I mean, if you want shorter hair, there's nothing wrong with that. As Rozalka said, hair length doesn't matter regardless of gender.

Last edited:
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I can understand that they don't want you to get a binder, but the hair is kind of unnecessary.. I mean, if you want shorter hair, there's nothing wrong with that.
Yeah.... I totally understand the binding, there are risks, the hair I don't understand. I honestly don't know how else to explain to them that the person I look like on the outside is not the person I AM.
maybe its something like what my parents think? guy's shouldent have long hair and Gal's shouldent have short have short hair? idk thats just waht my parents say for the most part
It's odd, because my mom bought me swim trunks, which screams "boy", but won't let me cut my hair? Also, I'm non-binary (or a boygirl, girlboy, etc.), and I've told them that, explained dysphoria, and they seem to understand... it's so odd.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Yeah.... I totally understand the binding, there are risks, the hair I don't understand. I honestly don't know how else to explain to them that the person I look like on the outside is not the person I AM.
Maybe they don't agree with gender identity vs physical sex?
It's odd, because my mom bought me swim trunks, which screams "boy", but won't let me cut my hair?
That's messed up. Swim trunks are even more masculine than short hair

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Well, maybe they don't agree with gender identity vs physical sex...

That's messed up. Swim trunks are even more masculine than short hair
I'm not sure. I'm just genuinely confused.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
the unfortunante thing is they are your parents and, you really dont have much say in YOU untill you are an adult at 18 i mean, yeah you do have some say but not in certain things that your parents are adamantly against

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
With the binder part I understand too, I would be afraid if it wouldn't bring a higher risk of chest cancer?

But the hair... Seriously, I knew girls who looked like boys... So why you couldn't? Maybe it's something like you wrote, they think that you should look like a girl?:unsure:

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
the unfortunante thing is they are your parents and, you really dont have much say in YOU untill you are an adult at 18 i mean, yeah you do have some say but not in certain things that your parents are adamantly against
Yeah, but it shouldn't be that way. I also should mention that they can't control my gender, gender isn't a choice, and dysphoria is absolutely horrible.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
Yeah, but it shouldn't be that way. I also should mention that they can't control my gender, gender isn't a choice, and dysphoria is absolutely horrible.
i mean it shouldent but it will always be that way no matter how much u would wish them to be the opposite parents have opinions and i just try to respect them no matter what there say is i mean they are the older ones with more life experience and i respect what they have to say and what they think and try to live up to that standard

Most Reactions

Latest posts