Meet Diana and Fiona!!

Artchic528

Sep 3, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
2 Albino Parakeets, Jax and Jasmine
Hi! I posted many months ago about how I wanted this pure snowy white albino parakeet that was at a pet store I work at. That one got sold while I was doing research on parakeets and all that they needed. It always seemed like that albino parakeets sold faster than I could get one. Fast forward a few months and boom! Two albinos arrived at the store today and I jumped on them (not literally, they aren’t exactly built for being tackled as you all know). So now I have two cute little pure white parakeets! I’m pretty sure one is a little bigger than the other so that’s how I’m telling them apart right now. I named the bigger one Fiona and the smaller one me Diana.

They currently are in a 26 x 20 x 14 Prevue Hendrix flight cage. It was part of a kit that had two toys, a cuttlebone and a bonus perch. Is this a good cage? I’m feeding them the Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health seed mix for Parakeets and plan on mixing in Zupreem Fruitblend Flavor for parakeets as seeds are too nutrient dense to be healthy in the long run. Is Zupreem a good pelleted food?

I’m pretty inexperienced with birds as the only other bird I’ve had was a little green parrotlet who unfortunately had her life cut short by my then cocker spaniel. It was all very sudden and traumatic, and I want to move on from it. Anyways, I’m open to all kinds of helpful advice and suggestions!

Enough talk, now the pictures!!!!

26125d1619232592-meet-diana-fiona-2de8b8a3-565e-4bac-bf79-720c634d51d3.jpg

jaexh6H.jpg

Attachments

• 2DE8B8A3-565E-4BAC-BF79-720C634D51D3.jpg
    2DE8B8A3-565E-4BAC-BF79-720C634D51D3.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 68CACE8D-5FBA-4E7A-BA79-D76D62096F98.jpg
    68CACE8D-5FBA-4E7A-BA79-D76D62096F98.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well congratulations Artchic and hello to the beautiful Princesses Diana and Fiona! What a pretty pair you are, welcome to the flock! :D

Last edited:

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Very pretty pair, i highly recommend getting rid of the dowel perches and adding natural wood perches

OP
Artchic528

Artchic528

Sep 3, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
2 Albino Parakeets, Jax and Jasmine
Very pretty pair, i highly recommend getting rid of the dowel perches and adding natural wood perches

May I ask why? Are the dowel perches made from a toxic wood or have chemicals in them that a bird can die from? I know birds like to put things in their beaks to inspect them. Also where I can find more natural perches?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)

May I ask why? Are the dowel perches made from a toxic wood or have chemicals in them that a bird can die from? I know birds like to put things in their beaks to inspect them. Also where I can find more natural perches?

It's somethings thats very uniform and in the long run causes feet issues like bumblefoot and arthritis. It's good to have a variety of size and texture. I don't know where you're located but you can find them on amazon which is a good source. Some pet shops will have them.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your beautiful pair o keets!

Be careful with diet changes. Make sure they are eating.

Parakeets usually love leafy greens and take to them often on first offering. Romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, bok choy, dandelion greens as sold at grocery store all great. Actually they have lots if vitamins!!@ there is a whole list of parrot safe veggies abd mine love them all! I offer fruit only once ir twice a week, too much sugars in fruits. Do too much fruit leeds to yeast overgrowth and an imbalance in gut flora. When I fo offer fruit and berries, I offer black berries, raspberry, pomegranate, plum, fresh cherry, strawberries, a little apple. Mine have other parrots to watch maybe that helped make them great st eating every thing.
They always have a seed mix available. For me personally I'd be ok with seeds and lots if veggies. But mine eat pellets as well. I have them out fir my other birds and they started eating them.

Mine actually like the bigger perches best, I don't even by parakeet size perches at all. I use the rope perches too, I haven't seen mine ever chew them. If they did I would remove as threads can impact crop.

Most Reactions

Latest posts