Meet Winnie!

elsaandnori

Jun 4, 2021
I have made a few other posts that mention I was l looking for an amazon and i am so happy to say I have found one!
Meet Winnie!
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-18 at 3.44.43 PM (5).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-18 at 3.44.43 PM (6).jpeg

she is a four month old (just weaned) orange winged amazon who I already loves to bits. I visited her two days ago and thought she was so sweet. (i'm sure this will change though😂) Her owner has been training her very well and she knows how to step up and has been recall training and i was honestly very impressed with how well she was looked after (most of the breeders in India are not great). we did also meet a blue fronted amazon too that day but the place he was in was horrible and full of screeching birds and i didn't want to get a bird from a place like that.
I am picking her up on new years day which is very exciting! Her cage is yet to come this week but I will post a picture of her set up when its done!

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
Welcome back to the forums and congratulations on your new potential adoptee bird!
She looks absolutely gorgeous and the members of the forum would love to hear your updates on her and what she is doing!
But for now, all we can do is wait for New Year's day for this baby to come home.
I actually used to want to adopt an Amazon before my cockatoo came along. Of course that was only a year after I acquired my conure, and I didn't have the time to make those accommodations for a second bird just yet.
Anyways, we are all happy for you and your new feathered companion to-be!
Enjoy the rest of your evening!

OP
elsaandnori

elsaandnori

Jun 4, 2021
Happy to read that you have found your Amazon. I hope she and you last a lifetime together!

PS - teach her to speak Hindi! LOL.
I hope so too!
I will try! I am still trying to learn Hindi myself!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So happy you found the amazon of your dreams! Congratulations for choosing Winnie, may you share decades of bliss.

Most Reactions