Mess up a famous quote

Cockatielmom18

Sep 23, 2018
Parrots
Pearl (cockatiel)
Kid and Jeordi (budgies)
Kitty, Leia, Chips, Sico, Ginger, (<- RIP), Terrelli, Popularis, Ace, Whiteout, Cetoides, Ada, Lucasi, Oryx, and Tom (chickens)
Game idea: take a famous quote and mutilate it! You can also just share your favorite quote or completely make one up!
(This was not my original idea and I don't know if a thread like this already exists but please have fun either way!)
"Speak loudly and carry a bigger stick!"
"Iron Maiden is awesome." -Winston Churchill

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
(For those of us who love both Star Wars and Star Trek - yes it is possible...)

"Live long and prosper." - Han Solo :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Great idea for a game!

"Frankly, my Dear, I don't give a hoot." - Hedwig (Harry Potter)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Great idea for a game!

Agreed! But in doing online research for these I've discovered plenty that are HILARIOUS but totally UNPRINTABLE!!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they're genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
"Just a like a chocolate milkshake, only crunchy" - Nelson Mandella

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
"Everything of worth has already been invented." Elon Musk

This is an awesome game!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
“I think, therefore I am.” - Dan Quayle

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
"Every time I get up in the morning, I feel like a new man sleeping next to a new women". - Alzheimers Sufferer (I hope no one get offended by this)

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
West Central Louisiana, originally from Portland O
Parrots
2 Budgies
"Southern Belle" a blue female
"Beau Dandy" a green male
"Every time I get up in the morning, I feel like a new man sleeping next to a new women". - Alzheimers Sufferer (I hope no one get offended by this)

Try being married to a gemini, I tell her regularly that I have no need to cheat, it's like having multiple wives as is lol...step daughter is a gemini too, just because I didn't want to play life on easy...

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
“She was not quite what you would call wealthy. She was not quite what you would call poor. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.”--Karl Marx

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
"One small step for conure, one giant leap for conure kind as I fly to the office chair" --Zod the conure.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
So when I was living abroad, I volunteered with a girl from the Netherlands whose english was nearly perfect (to the point you forgot that she wasn't a native speaker at times). Anyway, one day, someone invited her to do something and when they asked why she declined, she said, "It's just not my peice of cake." HAHAH

Cup of tea....piece of cake....lol

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
So when I was living abroad, I volunteered with a girl from the Netherlands whose english was nearly perfect (to the point you forgot that she wasn't a native speaker at times). Anyway, one day, someone invited her to do something and when they asked why she declined, she said, "It's just not my peice of cake." HAHAH

Cup of tea....piece of cake....lol
Yeah, some proverbs (?, google translation) can be very confusing between different languages. For example in English we say "Apple of the eye" but in Polish "Eye in the head":D Once time here on PF I wanted to write "on the other side" instead of "on the other hand" but hopefully I wasn't sure and checked it:D
Probably I'd also say "piece of cake" because my English isn't better lol

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
“There is nothing to fear but the fearless elf!” - Santa Claus

Last edited:

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Parrots
"I do not repeat myself, I repeat, I do not repeat myself" - Donald J Trump

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
"Parrots make excellent companions but I have no wish to serve under them." - Spock, as a parront

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
“Wa wa wa wa Waterloo, finally facing my Waterloo.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

(You knew I had to crowbar an ABBA reference in here somewhere!)

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Parrots
"We didn't start the fire, we didn't light it and we're still not trying fight it"- Scott Morrison PM

Most Reactions