Mickey is in LOVE with my husband, and VERY jealous!

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Last night started out ok.....Hubby and I were playing with Mickey on the couch. We have a "toybox" full of wooden beads, paper for her to shred, large wooden blocks, etc. She was playing and had started shredding paper and trying to shove it behind hubby, into the seam in the couch...."uh oh".......(she has been "posturing" when he holds her, but nothing extreme)

Well....little miss princess decided that I was no longer to be tolerated in such close proximity to her man! She came over and bit my finger......I didn't take the hint......she came back over and bit me in the side quite hard! I stood up, and she started lunging at me from the couch!

Hubby had her step up, and took her over to put her in the cage, WELL she was not having that! She proceeded to fly to my shoulder, and try to get to my face, he would call her back and she would go, but then she would fly back over to try to attack me again! Finally while she was running from shoulder to shoulder on me, I told him to just leave the room. He did, and little missy settled right down and decided I was her friend again, even started making her little baby noises and snuggling up to me..... UGH!

So, we will not be able to play with her together for the forseeable future, or until her hormones quiet down a bit! I used to think I ran the house, but she sure taught me....lol:white1:

OP
MickeysMom

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

This is the reason Mickey is here. She did this to the woman at her last house...lol

She gets to stay here though, we will learn to adapt, it's not her fault hubby is soooo irresistable. ;):D:rolleyes:

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Oh my! Females are just as possessive, huh? Life with cockatoo...we parrot humans, as a race, will be able to understand the alien nation, (when they arrive), better than most!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
It does crack me up sometimes that they see as as acceptable mates. Merlin makes these little nests as if I would even fit in them with her. And Pete tries to get me to live in a bottom corner of his cage. They either have no idea of how big we are, or they think they are the same size. I'm not sure which, but they obviously don't have a good grasp of capacity and volume.

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
It does crack me up sometimes that they see as as acceptable mates. Merlin makes these little nests as if I would even fit in them with her. And Pete tries to get me to live in a bottom corner of his cage. They either have no idea of how big we are, or they think they are the same size. I'm not sure which, but they obviously don't have a good grasp of capacity and volume.

Not only that, given the chance I know a few 100 gram birds who would try to take down a 150 pound dog.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011

Not only that, given the chance I know a few 100 gram birds who would try to take down a 150 pound dog.

That, too! They say they are evolved from dinosaurs and I believe it!

OP
MickeysMom

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

That, too! They say they are evolved from dinosaurs and I believe it!

After last night hubby is calling her his "little Pterodactyl":D

Most Reactions

Latest posts