Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hey guys!

For almost 2 years I've been feeding my flock of 9 TOPs, they have access to the pellets all day if they want them, then for breakfast they get chop and for dinner a teeny bit of seed and birdie bread.

TOPs is getting expensive, shipping costs $20 bucks and while I can pay it, my flock goes through 13lb. of pellets in 1 month.

I've been thinking o mixing pellets to make the TOPs last longer, I used to feed them Caitec Oven fresh bites before I knew about TOPs, should I mix them? I store their pellets in the freezer just to make sure they're fresh as they can be.

I'm very picky about pellet ingredients, I don't want corn, wheat, soy, sugar, salt, artificial colors, or vitamins BUT TOPs is the only pellet like this other than Origins Wild Diet and they are certainly out of my price range! I wish Goldenfeast didn't get bought out! There Golden Obles were fantastic!

I think Caitec is the best option, based on reading through every dang pellet ingredients out there! They didn't really love Caitec the way they all go nuts over TOPs but they did at least eat them.
What size should I get though? The budgies get small TOPs pellets, I could get the budgie sized pellets and mix them, then for the bigger birds (they eat the large pellets) get Caitec cockatiel/conure sized pellets as their medium pellets are really large.
I just answered that question myself lol 😅

I guess I just want reassurance that Caitec is good enough for them?

Most Reactions

Latest posts