Morning Screams, Sadly Part 2!…

May 17, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi! my bird screams in the morning lately, so I decided to cover him with a cage cover a few days ago!… Didn’t like it, screamed in the morning very intense to protest it. I kind of figured in these days that he doesn’t like being fully covered, so I covered his cage on the front right now. I will update tomorrow, hopefully this works…! and also, he has a bowl of mineral sand. He wasn’t really into it, but now he sits in it and sleeps at night. when you go up to him, he is very aggressive. but usually, when you bring up your finger to him, he’s never that aggressive. I think it’s sort of an instinct, but i’m not sure. But about the morning screams, I really would appreciate some help. Till tomorrow, thanks in advance! UPDATE: Nope. still the same! protests it and I think he could also be woken up from the sounds outside in the morning. I’m not giving up since it was a bit better this time! sometimes birds from the outside sing in the mornin, but him being triggered by that has a low chance I think. We’re thinking about getting darker curtains in the room. 😊 UPDATE N2: It worked…! I tried a different method, I realized that he doesn’t like when the top of the cage is covered, so I covered the sides only. It worked so well! He was awake but not screaming, so I took it off. now he is out of his cage, in my room, walking and singing!

Last edited:

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Could the bowl of sand be perceived as a nest site, making your bird more territorial, horny, and loud?

Parrots don’t need mineral grit. Take it out and I bet your problem goes away.

OP
PunkAnaOfBirds
May 17, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Could the bowl of sand be perceived as a nest site, making your bird more territorial, horny, and loud?

Parrots don’t need mineral grit. Take it out and I bet your problem goes away.
That’s true. Yes, he sits there just like parrots do in a nest, he always vocalizes when in there and is really protective of himself, than usual. will take it out, Thank you! 😊

OP
PunkAnaOfBirds
May 17, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel

Most Reactions

Latest posts