Mumbling to self?

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
So I'm just curious if anyone else's tiels do this...

I've noticed in the past couple months that Iggy will "mumble" to herself. I swear she's saying "pretty girl" and "whatcha doing?". These are two phrases she hears constantly from my family and I. I've never heard of a female tiel talking though. (And yes, she's definitely female; she's laid eggs.)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have never had a tiel but right before my Moustache Parakeet Fuji started talking he would mumble to himself. I think he was practicing before he made his big debut. He now has over 50 words in his vocabulary. Be ready I think you may have a talker!

Last edited:
Females can be talkers, it just is more common behavior from boys. :) Congrats, sounds like you will have a wee chatterbug. My budgie also mumbled to himself before starting talking, and now he won't shut up! He even talks his cute little self to sleep when all the lights are off.

I have never had a tile but right before my Moustache Parakeet Fuji started talking he would mumble to himself. I think he was practicing before he made his big debut. He now has over 50 words in his vocabulary. Be ready I think you may have a talker!

Oh boy, that would be fun! Hopefully she doesn't start repeating some phrases my dad says though lmao

Females can be talkers, it just is more common behavior from boys. :) Congrats, sounds like you will have a wee chatterbug. My budgie also mumbled to himself before starting talking, and now he won't shut up! He even talks his cute little self to sleep when all the lights are off.

I've heard conflicting opinions so I wasn't sure. It would be nice if that's the case, she's so quiet otherwise. My budgie doesn't talk, but he knows how to make a kiss noise, and he does that/sings himself to sleep as well like yours!!

Its fairly common with Parrots for them to be mumbling! As stated its part of practicing sounds and words. Even our older Amazons have all mumbled prior to entering into a discussion!

I have heard they did, but have never known semi-first-nad of one!
Exciting.
Can you catch her on vid??????

A quiet budgie? OH, FOR A QUIET BIRD!!!!!
You are doubly-blessed... a quiet budgie and a talking female 'tiel!

I have heard they did, but have never known semi-first-nad of one!
Exciting.
Can you catch her on vid??????

A quiet budgie? OH, FOR A QUIET BIRD!!!!!
You are doubly-blessed... a quiet budgie and a talking female 'tiel!

I can sure try! If you'd like you can send me a PM and/or friend request (I don't remember if we need to be friends to PM or not...) and if I catch it I could upload it and link you!

He sings sometimes during the morning and when he's just feeling good, but otherwise he's calm and quiet.

I feel blessed! I love my birds even when they just sit, so this is definitely a bonus haha

Its fairly common with Parrots for them to be mumbling! As stated its part of practicing sounds and words. Even our older Amazons have all mumbled prior to entering into a discussion!

I'm with you on this one Steven. Smokey was a HUGE mumbler. Could carry on a conversation with herself for 5 minutes or so. Amy also mumbles. I don't know if it is because he is trying to say new things ( He does talk pretty good already) or if it's just his 'Amazon self" coming out. :confused:

BB doesn't mumble at all..it's either whistle like heck,or say the words he already knows quite well.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back