My 3-4 Month-Old Rosy Faced Lovebird won't eat or drink

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Hi everyone!

My dad found a Rose-faced lovebird yesterday and long story short we're keeping it. (It was definitely a pet that escaped, we asked around but no one had any clue so we brought it home). Took it to the Vet for a general check-up and they found nothing wrong with it. I told them that it hadn't eaten anything yet and they said it will take a day to adjust to the new environment and to give it time.

Now it's been a whole 24 hours and it still hasn't eaten much other than picking seeds from the grounds, we had to hold its beak close to the water so it can drink water today since it hasn't touched the water at all. She's very active, flying around chirping and everything so she doesn't seem ill at all. Now my doubt is, is there a chance that she still has to be handfed?

I hope I can get suggestions soon because I am a paranoid mom and I can't sleep until it eats something. She's running away from food and even seeds. I hope someone can provide me with a solution.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Can you send a pic of her? I may be able to identify if it's young or not.

Do not force the bird to drink water by pushing its beak near the water or syringe feeding it, it may cause aspiration. Rather use baby bird formula to get moisture into its body.

I'm sure you've done everything you can, but have you tried posting missing bird flyers at pet shops, vets, supermarkets, schools, etc.? Try posting on social media, on lost and found FB groups, lost pet websites etc. You should try everything you can to help this birdie, I'm sure its owner is very worried

Most Reactions

Latest posts