my beautifful fischer pair of lovebirds Died and I am so guilty and devstated

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
I'm so very sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry that you are feeling such guilt right now. You obviously loved your birds and took very good care of them, and that's what matters. We see people on this forum every single day who treat their birds very badly, they neglect them, they don't feed them properly or at all, they don't even give them water, and this is all knowingly or even done purposely. You on the other hand loved your birds dearly and cared for them dearly, and you made a horrible mistake, only because you didn't know it was a mistake. You need to start to forgive yourself, as I'm sure your birds forgive you, and never once blamed you to begin with...
aww thank you sooo much for your kind words .... yes I am glad i shared my experience over here in this forum .. trust me when i was writng this I was thinking that you all gonna feel i m so terrible person to do that ...

but really i am glad that I shared my painful moment with you all ..

I never cut my lovebird wings so that they could fly all my home ...I gave them fresh water fruits food treats toys everything ....and even though sometimes i got busy with my life but my whole family took care of them ....

but i never knew that morning if i am not gonna check them because they were fully covered and that time i thought they got outside just short time ......I NEVER knew they didnt come inside ...
but IF i knew that they never came inside i would definitely bring them back ...
as i knew they started feeling hot
and our gulf country weather is insane ..its October but there is no cool air its still very hot even in the morning....

so basically i didnt check because of misunderstanding and they are gone now ...

but like you said i shouldnt blame myself ..as my intention wasnt bad ..

the day they died ...6 o clock morning before i went to sleep as i was up all night ...i gave them fresh water and saw them last time alive ...

anyways now i am writing and i started feeling that pain again ....

so thank you for your words ...really believe me it helped me ..it helped me to reduce my pain

May God Bless you and everyone

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
We've all done dumb things, but now you know for next time.
What's done is done and fixating is the worst thing you can do.
true...
i will try myself to keep myself busy and not to think about that particular moment ...thank you dear for your words.

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
I would like to thank you all for taking time to read my post and for your kind words

Believe me when i Read ur comments this actually reduced my pain...obvisously I am gonna miss them but now I am not blaming for being so horrible and disgusted person because it can happened sometimes due to some stupid mistake ...

if you guys can comment something positive or anything I will appreciate it becuase I will read ur comments and it will help myself to reduce my pain ..and Thank you everyone

I am so glad that I registered for this forum and shared my painful experience

and all of you without being harsh you helped me to reduce my pain ...

Thank you everyone ...your comments means a lot to me ...it really helped my mind to focus on a positive side ...otherwise i was crying uncontrollably and devastated ...i didnt want to eat anything ...i felt vomiting since few days and my eyes were empty and swollen

so Keep up it
and
May Allah Bless you all

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
I am sorry to read of the passing of your lovebirds. Whether your fault or not, one can feel the love you had for them in yourwords. And that's the best we can do. You will meet them again, I think , over the bridge, where there is no sorrow.
thank you dear for your kind and beautiful words

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
I am sorry to hear about this loss...

What's done is done. Don't beat yourself up about it.

In the future if you get birds again (which you likely will), know that they are YOUR responsibility only and take it upon yourself to wake up earlier, at least to check on them and feed and provide them fresh water. That way there is no confusion over who has let them in or out, fed them, etc. and it's all your responsibility.

If you haven't already, be sure to read all the threads in this lovebird sub-forum before getting more lovebirds. There's some great info there.
yes I already bought and that was a huge lesson of my life... thank you for your words

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Oh dear friend i cried when i read your post. So sorry for your loss. Just remember we make mistakes,we are human. As much as it hurts now and will for a long time..you can always talk to anyone here. Alot of us have gone through loss of a feathered friend,a fur baby,a loved one. And it sucks.take care. Sending you feathered hugs.

sannwi

Aug 1, 2017
first of all I am sorry for my bad English

I am extremely devastated and saddened of their death ..so Can you please guys tell me whether I am responsible for my birds death or not ...

so
I had my two beautiful female lovebirds since 8 years. So every day we used to put cage outside so that they can get sunlight and do not become too dependant on A/c... but in their lifetime we had sometimes or lovebird felt panting due to sunlight but then we kept inside too as well to cool them down ...
also I gave them clear water food , toys and let them roam around my home as well..
I loved them so much that I never expected that last thursday I slept in the morning giving them fresh full water and seeing them last time in a cheerful and fluffy mood ..

I woke up around 9 o clock n told my mother to bring them inside due to sunlight
then I slept again and when I woke up around 10.30 am I saw them outside thinking that they just got outside now around 10 to 20 mins

NEVER knew that they never got inside ...but as my mother saw them at 9 o clock am in again happy mood ..she didnt bring them inside thought its just 0 o clock and also my mother got very busy at that time so she didnt remove the cover

so when I Saw them fully covered around 10.30 am I thought they just got outside now ...so I DIDNT check them at all ..yes there was sunlight totally covered on them ..but I thought they got outside now so i will bring them back later

Didnt know I was being such a shameful disgusting person not to even check them ..

then I had some imp conversation with my mother n I didnt realize that it was 12 o clock when my brother came n shouted at me to come n see what happened to them

I saw themfrom my fearful eyes which I never imagined that they both were dead at the bottom of the cage with eyes wide opened..

I cried ...as my beautiful birds died due to overheat

its been so many days now but I cant imagine the pain they went through..

I am trying to calm myself as this was their lifetime..

May be if they got sick they had more painful death ...

I know what happened with them is unbearable ...I just want to ask you
even though they were my love of my life one stupid mistake took their life..

Can you please elaborate how painful death were ..do they felt torture with full over ..till 9 o clock they were good ...
were they suffering from 3 hours ?

is it more painful than if my bird escaped ? please because I felt so much responsible .... did my birds went through a lot of pain because of me ?
I am Terribly sorry [emoji17][emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

joyknights

Oct 4, 2018
Vancouver
Parrots
Lovebirds
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
Please don't blame yourself, I am sure you did everything to take good care of them such an event is out of your hand.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
I'm glad that you're starting to heal from this and starting to forgive yourself, because you are definitely allowed to forgive yourself, as I said already, your birds loved you, they lived a good, loving life, and they have already forgiven you...

****So you said that you've already purchased a new bird or birds? If that is what you needed to do to allow yourself to heal and move on, then good for you...

Can I give you a little piece of advice, or a tip for your future with your new birds? It's wonderful that you have a balcony/porch/deck or whatever place it is outside of your house/apartment that you can put your bird's cage when it's nice outside, most of us don't have that luxury, at least not all year-round due to the late fall/winter/early spring weather, and birds love to be outside...

That being said, there are a few things that you have be safe about to protect them when they are outside by themselves, without a person watching them. Even though they are in a cage, it is still possible for certain predators to get to them...If you're on the ground-floor, then all types of animals can get to them, especially cats and whatever wild animals you have around; if you're up on a higher level/story of your building/house then the ground animals can't get to them, but larger, predatory birds can, like hawks, raptors, eagles, etc. Even large crows and ravens can get to them...and they can grab them through the cage bars...So you have to be careful about that...If the balcony area that you put them on is screened-in, then that eliminates this issue...

****As far as the sun/heat goes, I'm sure you've already figured this out, but in the case of your two LoveBirds that passed away, yes direct-sunlight can kill them, so it's always important to put their cage in a spot that is partly in the shade, and partly in the sun...HOWEVER, please don't EVER put any type of cover over your bird's cage when it is outside in the sun! The cover is no-doubt the reason that your Love Birds passed-away, as any type of cover over their cage is going to heat their cage up and then trap-in that heat, and no breeze can get through either...So I would completely and totally eliminate putting any type of cover over the bird's cage at all if they are outside. Period. That way, even if they do happen to be left outside for too long in the direct sunlight, which can still hurt them if left for too long, they have a much better chance of surviving without a cover over them. I'd speak to your mother/family and let them know that from now on, no one is to EVER put any type of cover on the bird's cage when it is outside. Period.

I hope you aren't offended at me saying this to you, but this is something very small that can make all the difference in the world to the health and well-being of your birds, and I wanted to make certain that you realize that it was the cover over their cage that trapped-in all the heat, so that you and your family don't make the same mistake again...

Accidents happen, and there are always going to be times when someone forgets to do things, like bring the birds inside from the balcony. It happens to everyone, and anyone who denies that these things happen to them is lying, lol...But anything that you can do to help whenever these little mistakes occur is great, like putting in little "safety-back-ups", as no one is ever perfect, and no one can eliminate all mistakes and accidental forgetfulness. So making certain that no one ever puts any type of cover over the bird cage when it's outside is the best little "safety-back-up" that you can put in place for this particular situation...

I wish you and your family all the best, and good luck with your new bird or birds...I hope that you're learning to forgive yourself, and also your mom, as I'm sure that she is blaming herself as well. I could sit here and type for 24 hours straight and not even put down a fraction of the mistakes that I've made with my birds, my dogs, my Bearded Dragons, etc. But I always say that as long as I never make the same mistake over and over again, as long as I learn from it and move forward from it, that it's not really a "mistake" at all, but rather a just me "educating myself"...

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences for the loss of your two lovebirds. Please don't fault yourself excessively for being human.

I've found these words comforting in times of grief: There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the words of weakness but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of overwhelming love.

Washington Irving

In time their memories will bring more joy than sadness.

MikeD91

Oct 10, 2018
Media
Conneaut Lake, Pa
Parrots
Bill, Yellow Naped
Amazon.
Banker, Muloccan Cockattoo
Accidents are sometimes very hard to accept, and the pain involved super hard to live with, but it was an accident. I'm sorry for your loss.

Most Reactions

Latest posts