My Birdie Bread (Macs LOVE these)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Sorry I just went off of your username:p what would you like to be called.

Ich bin traurig, ich spreche deutsch so-so:)

Du brauchst nicht traurig zu sein, denn du hast keinen Grund dafuer. ;) Nimm bitte nicht alles was ich sage so ernst. Wo hast du ueberhaupt Deutsch gelernt (ausser der Webuebersetzer) ???? ;)

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well I took 4 years of German in high school, lol I didn't use a translator I only have used it when I don't remember a word quite so well. I admit I used it for like 2-3 words of jerseys post:). But it's been awhile since I have even looked back in my brain for the German I know lol.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Well I took 4 years of German in high school, lol I didn't use a translator I only have used it when I don't remember a word quite so well. I admit I used it for like 2-3 words of jerseys post:). But it's been awhile since I have even looked back in my brain for the German I know lol.

So I see your memory of speaking/writing German is QUITE good, but your SHORT TERM MEMORY obviously leaves much to be desired. :32:

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Your a quick one I see lol... Keep the jokes coming I can take much more jersey girl:)... (JK). This is extremely off topic for this post:cool:.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Your a quick one I see lol... Keep the jokes coming I can take much more jersey girl:)... (JK). This is extremely off topic for this post:cool:.

Yeah....but I heard that "quick" isn't always a good thing.

And what do you mean "off topic?" I NEVER go off topic. :09:

Weezerj

Mar 29, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Parrots
Illiger's Macaw (Loki)
Ok, I made these today and just waiting for them to cool to have Loki try out. I did have to modify the recipe the following way

- cut all ingredients by 1/3. I have a mini macaw and would have enough muffins for 6 months.

- first critical step was to begin with a set of pork ribs. These don't go in the muffins but getting your 16 old to help out is much, much easier with the pork ribs

- I didn't have palm oil so I used almond oil

- I cooked the muffins in the bottom part of ice cream cones. Gives him something to grab

- couldn't find unsweetened yogurt so I used Greek yogurt.

- added blue berries

I will ask Loki for his assessment in 10~15 min

Peppo

Nov 27, 2015
Parrots
Paco-Male Double Yellow Head Amazon
I make birdie bread all the time and Paco loves it but I never thought of the ice cream cones! I love that! I will buy some today. I assume you put them in cupcake pans to keep them upright? I will try to find sugar free ones.. So excited I just put them on my shopping list. Thanks!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Ok, I made these today and just waiting for them to cool to have Loki try out. I did have to modify the recipe the following way

- cut all ingredients by 1/3. I have a mini macaw and would have enough muffins for 6 months.

- first critical step was to begin with a set of pork ribs. These don't go in the muffins but getting your 16 old to help out is much, much easier with the pork ribs

- I didn't have palm oil so I used almond oil

- I cooked the muffins in the bottom part of ice cream cones. Gives him something to grab

- couldn't find unsweetened yogurt so I used Greek yogurt.

- added blue berries

I will ask Loki for his assessment in 10~15 min

Well????? Did Loki like them???? :D I LMBO @ "I have a mini macaw and would have enough muffins for 6 months."

I should probably mention here that I have stopped using black palm oil completely. I now use Organic Coconut Oil instead. :)

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Hi! I'm planning to give your birdie bread a try... But a question please? What sort of squash did you use? :grey:

Hi I don't see Wendy on line so will try to answer for you. I doubt the type of squash matters. Any kind will do.

Read thru and you will see a lot of adjustments / substitutes were made to the OP ingredients.

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
I just pulled this recipe out of the oven and caught MrC sneaking a piece. He says I made enough that Charlotte (formerly Scarlett) can share with him.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Thanks for this, what a flexible recipe! Go figure my grey doesn't like bananas right now so we substitute other things, whatever is around. He loves it!

Most Reactions

Latest posts