My buddy of 28 years munchy the bluefront

MUnchy

Nov 21, 2021
Media
Parrots
Blue front
In the morning if I’m making eggs any kind he can smell it I give him snacks of all kinds,I always wash off the sauce he loves to get a piece of whatever I eat,Ed on his third cage the latest one with a playpen on top, stairs, snack trays, one for clean water one for snacks,when he was very young I had a situation with him, I tried to train him he bit my finger and made me bleed, that was about 27 years ago, his wings are not clipped but he can’t fly,he will eat out of my hand gently,he seems happy singing pretty girl whistle and sometimes moans like a woman,lol never been to a vet, got beautiful color feathers, I collect them.now I worry he might outlive me I’m 61 live alone with him and a doggy name Sheila.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Amazons do have a really long life span. If you have family, or friends that have met your amazon maybe talk to them in case of an emergency of how your amazon will be taken care of. This is the ideal situation as then your bird has someone familiar as a caregiver. Another thing is to call a local shelter, and make sure you mention that you aren't looking to rehome your parrot but wanted to know how to go about things if your bird outlives you. They can give you phone numbers, email addresses, and a bunch of resources of what to do.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome to the forums, Munchy sounds wonderful :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts