My Budgie baby Bluberry! I miss you already!

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

Fly high Baby blue! I love you
I miss waking up to see her at the cage door waiting for breakfast. i miss your chirps, all the times i took it for granted. I wasn't even there when you passed. You were only 9 baby. you were my first baby blu. if it weren't for me finding you outside, i would have never gotten to have birds. I would like to think you passed comfortably, i found you in your food dish comfortably curled up this morning. I miss you baby.

Because of you, I am blessed to carry with me your mate and his friend. I get to foster 2 indian ringnecks because of you baby.

I definitely wasn't the best mommy you could have had, but i tried so hard. i only wanted the best for you.

I love you blueberry, Fly high baby birb!

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I’m so sorry for your loss 😢. It sounds like Blueberry passed peacefully. Clearly she was a very loved bird. Praying you find peace and comfort. ❤️

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I miss waking up to see her at the cage door waiting for breakfast. i miss your chirps, all the times i took it for granted. I wasn't even there when you passed. You were only 9 baby. you were my first baby blu. if it weren't for me finding you outside, i would have never gotten to have birds. I would like to think you passed comfortably, i found you in your food dish comfortably curled up this morning. I miss you baby.

Because of you, I am blessed to carry with me your mate and his friend. I get to foster 2 indian ringnecks because of you baby.

I definitely wasn't the best mommy you could have had, but i tried so hard. i only wanted the best for you.

I love you blueberry, Fly high baby birb!
My deepest condolences go out to you @Sparkie for the loss of your sweet baby. It is so hard when we lose these precious and pure little souls, who do not judge and who love us unconditionally. Blueberry does indeed leave a wonderful legacy behind in that you've now given others a loving home because of your love for her, and I pray for healing and peace for your heart.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge lovely little Blueberry, until we all meet again 🌈🙏

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My deepest condolences go out to you @Sparkie for the loss of your sweet baby. It is so hard when we lose these precious and pure little souls, who do not judge and who love us unconditionally. Blueberry does indeed leave a wonderful legacy behind in that you've now given others a loving home because of your love for her, and I pray for healing and peace for your heart.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge lovely little Blueberry, until we all meet again 🌈🙏
Your baby Blueberry was greeted over the Rainbow Bridge by my budgie Hunter who passed a couple months ago. Hunter is taking good care of Blueberry, I promise you!

OP
Sparkie

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

Hearing about other people's birds has really helped me grieve. We buried her out by the blueberry bush.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Losing a beloved companion is so hard. In the 23 plus years I've had birds, I've lost a few to old age, accidents and one disappearance. It never gets easier in my case. My latest death was Mindwipe, who was 19 years old. Passed peacefully on the bottom of the cage where She died overnight. Pictures of my fids help, and drawing them from old photos. I've heard writing a letter to the beloved animal helps, too, especially if you burn the letter afterwards.

**Doles out the Hugs as needed**

OP
Sparkie

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

I know I JUST lost baby Blu and i feel kind of guilty. I got a new parakeet (we named her rosie Rae) and I will post the story on another thread, but here is a sum.

got a call about a birdcage an elderly dude had put by the road, went to go check it out, it was NASTY. We ended up taking the cage just so it could be cleaned up to see if it had any hope (6 inches deep in seed hulls). Maybe a rescue would want it or something.. honestly don't know. He came out and asked us to come look at the birds that he had to see if we wanted some, he was unable to keep up with how many birds he had they kept breeding and breeding. The last clutch was 6 weeks old... I looked and i saw this STUNNING blue parakeet. I had to get her, and the guy desperately needed all the help he could get. It was a true rescue..

Welcome Home Rosie Rae, Only in honor and tribute of the sister you never met.

Because of Bluberry, you are welcomed into the flock. Thank you Blu we couldn't have done and continue to do the work and service we do if it weren't for you baby girl! Fly high, mommy loves and misses you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts