My Cockatiel’s poop is all white ? What to do ?

Bluey

Mar 12, 2024
Media
Parrots
Cockatiels
Ring neck
I got her recently and she’s pooping all white liquid I’m now genuinely worried about her condition and I think it’s serious ( related to kidney I’ve read somewhere ) so what can I do for her to cure ? Should I change her diet , more fruits or something as vet is not available here ☹️

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
WHat is her current diet? Every thing she eats - what are they?
Sometimes a diet change can help with a medical condition, but sometimes its not all diet related. Keep in mind too that radical changing of diet can sometimes cause a parrot to not eat - they are more then capable of starving themselves if they don't like or recognize a new food AS food. Let us read what she is eating now.

Botsari

Nov 1, 2022
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
Parrots
African Greys
If you feel she may be sick you should get her cheked by a vet, if you can. But birds often have white in their droppings, and sometimes they can even be all white. Because of the extra water weight they can't afford to carry in flight birds have evolved to remove uric acid (a waste product of metabolism) in crystal form, not in solution as urine - as we and other mammals do. Birds in effect do not pee. Uric acid precipitated in crystaline form is white. Diet and fluid intake changes, etc, can cause changes in consistancy and color, and so can medical issues, but rest assured white alone by itself may not be an obvious cause for concern. I'm just pointing this out so you will not stress overly much.

Last edited:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Maybe tis info may help...

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts