My daughter dusky conure suddenly died

Qurraaabby

Mar 22, 2023
Parrots
Dusky green conure
Hello everyone
I’m in pain as he was not just a bird he was one of our family, we had him since April 2020 he is 3 years old and was super happy healthy and spoiled we got him biggest cage and he was most of the time out with my daughter when she is home, she woke up yesterday and he was on the floor of the cage we all in shock her husband took him to the vet they said sudden death as he is healthy
She is in real pain and she can’t stop crying
To be honest we all can’t imagine our life without him as he is super smart bird know us all and understand anything we tell him
Please help us why this happen
And I want to see my daughter happy should I get her another one? She is refusing to replace him which I understand but I can’t see her this sad
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2696.jpeg
    IMG_2696.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 66

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I'm so sorry for your loss... :(

If she doesn't want another bird, don't get it. After loosing my first fid (I was a kid then) I was crying too, I think it's a natural reaction for kids. Sometimes even we adult parronts need few days to calm down after death of one of the fids. I think it's just a matter of time.

OP
Q

Qurraaabby

Mar 22, 2023
Parrots
Dusky green conure

If she doesn't want another bird, don't get it. After loosing my first fid (I was a kid then) I was crying too, I think it's a natural reaction for kids. Sometimes even we adult parronts need few days to calm down after death of one of the fids. I think it's just a matter of time.
It’s not easy on all of us she is 23 she thought he will live till she is 50

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

It took me almost three years to get over the sudden death of my beloved budgie, Buddy, decades ago when I was 25. He died right in front of me while a bird store employee (excellent store) was holding him and trimming his beak and nails. They offered me a "replacement" budgie which made me cry even harder. Finally, almost three years later, I went in to accept their offer and chose myself a new Buddy. They remembered the unfortunate incident very clearly (I was hysterical). The point is, she needs time to grieve. Let her cry. Listen to her when talks about her loss. If she rushes the process she may not be willing and able to bond with a new bird. I'm not saying it will take years. She may be ready in a few weeks or months.

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
ohhh! so sorry.
He is beautiful and well taken care of.
Someone who has never owned a bird has no idea how they wrangle their way into our hearts.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I'm so sorry. He was obviously dearly loved and what a beautiful bird ❤️

I agree that grief takes its own path and we just have to follow.

Most Reactions