My Eclectus weaning need help

Amer

Nov 19, 2021
Parrots
Eclectus
Hello guys
My Eclectus ruby start eating . I served for her vegetables and fruits daily also pellets as well formula
I wanted to make a chop so she can have more vegetables and good diet and I have busy schedule those days , I want to make a chop and freeze it .
Can someone give me a good recipe to freeze with seeds they add into it . I watched many videos and am a bit confused
She's around 4 months old
Thank you

OP
A

Amer

Nov 19, 2021
Parrots
Eclectus
please tell me they are TOPs pellets..
pellets are very very bad for eclectuses..
I don't put for her every day ones a week . Also I have noticed that she just crash it in her mouth and test it , I didn't buy any pellets I asked a friend who breeds eclectus in Greece for more than 10 years and he tell about one brand he use I'll attach the pic,
The problem now when I bought her she used on the syringe with feeding tube Then I start feeding her by the spoon , in morning when she's hungry she eat a bit by the spoon then start attacking the spoon then I stop .
But she still hungry and not full . After that I put for her vegetables, fruits, etc
She eat (chop it ) a bit but not enough for her ,afternoon I tried to feed her by spoon she doesn't eat and keep attacking the spoon she refusesthe formula, so I leave her until evening she eat a bit then do the same ,
I'm really confused she can't stand all night about what she eating by her self
What should I do

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211217-123639_Lazada.jpg
    Screenshot_20211217-123639_Lazada.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 86

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
I don't put for her every day ones a week . Also I have noticed that she just crash it in her mouth and test it , I didn't buy any pellets I asked a friend who breeds eclectus in Greece for more than 10 years and he tell about one brand he use I'll attach the pic,
The problem now when I bought her she used on the syringe with feeding tube Then I start feeding her by the spoon , in morning when she's hungry she eat a bit by the spoon then start attacking the spoon then I stop .
But she still hungry and not full . After that I put for her vegetables, fruits, etc
She eat (chop it ) a bit but not enough for her ,afternoon I tried to feed her by spoon she doesn't eat and keep attacking the spoon she refusesthe formula, so I leave her until evening she eat a bit then do the same ,
I'm really confused she can't stand all night about what she eating by her self
What should I do
Ive never seen or heard of those pellets but they are zupreem which are terrible

Just make sure there are no stuff that are bad for eclectuses (added vitamins, too much fat, dyes, etc.)
Im afraid i cant help you with the weening part-
I just recommend an avian vet to help you its the best option

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts