My Ekkie Bella Tried To Sing ! What Music Is Your Fid(s) Liking / Disliking ?

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
So today I played Bella a YouTube video of Christina Grimmie singing Elastic Heart by Sia ... I swear she was trying to sing along! After the third time I played it to her, of the bits she did attempt in her mumbled squawky way, she actually hit the right notes as she seemingly started anticipating certain parts of the song! I hadn't played any music to her before today. Im definitely going to play her some more ballad style songs, maybe some Carpenters and see if she likes that too!

What type of music does your bird like ?

Does your bird sing along to anything ?

Is there any music your bird doesn't like ?

I'd be really interested to know! Please share

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
That sounds sooooo cute! Nothing is more glorious than being serenaded by a sweet, squawky soprano!

My bird is absolutely crazy about J-Lo (Jennifer Lopez). He has always favored female voices along with heavy bass/drum elements. Go figure. I leave a pop video/music television station on for him when I'm away.

He knows bits and pieces of several of her songs. Probably the best one is this: "Booty". He jumbles up the words and verses, but here's what he sings...
'Booty, booty, it's a big booty, whatcha got a big booty? On the dance floor. Bootayyyyy!'

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1p5AArHrVM"]Scene 7 - J-Lo "Big Booty" cover - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry for the crummy video quality, but he only sings when the tv is on! And usually at dusk.

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Early Bird Green Cheek Conure
Hatch Date 3-2016
That sounds sooooo cute! Nothing is more glorious than being serenaded by a sweet, squawky soprano!

My bird is absolutely crazy about J-Lo (Jennifer Lopez). He has always favored female voices along with heavy bass/drum elements. Go figure. I leave a pop video/music television station on for him when I'm away.

He knows bits and pieces of several of her songs. Probably the best one is this: "Booty". He jumbles up the words and verses, but here's what he sings...
'Booty, booty, it's a big booty, whatcha got a big booty? On the dance floor. Bootayyyyy!'

Scene 7 - J-Lo "Big Booty" cover - YouTube

Sorry for the crummy video quality, but he only sings when the tv is on! And usually at dusk.
I was wondering how he learned it [emoji12]

CherylCali

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
They totally pick what they like, right, Violet?
I've played whole albums of MY faves, for him, day in, day out... no dice.
But J-LO??????????? Oh, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Infidel.

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
They totally pick what they like, right, Violet?
I've played whole albums of MY faves, for him, day in, day out... no dice.
But J-LO??????????? Oh, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Infidel.
Haha! That video had me and my partner chuckling all evening! What a song for him to choose! I'm sure you've exposed him to hours of various music - and that's what he picked!? Hilarious!
Now I'm really worried about the bad mouthed neighbours, I hope Bella doesn't decide she likes the words she hears through the wall...

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty loves the Golden Oldies Rock station on our cable service, and his favorite is Chantilly Lace, he will sing his own version of that and get really loud.

He will also sometimes sing with me, trading little melody snippets back and forth. And he really does try to match what I sing to him. I'll go "LalaLA" and he will sing back to me the same thing, or close to it. He usually matches the beat of the phrase ( like 3 beats in the above example) but only sometimes gets the notes right. He also does his own stuff, if you have an amazon you will know what I mean. Holding notes like an opera singer, short little puffy notes... typical amazon stuff. Some day I will catch him going this stuff and video it, but like most parrots, he is camera wary.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Camera-wary, indeed... that's why the Rbird's best performances are always badly lit and poor quality... ya hafta sneak up on him!

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Salty loves the Golden Oldies Rock station on our cable service, and his favorite is Chantilly Lace, he will sing his own version of that and get really loud.

He will also sometimes sing with me, trading little melody snippets back and forth. And he really does try to match what I sing to him. I'll go "LalaLA" and he will sing back to me the same thing, or close to it. He usually matches the beat of the phrase ( like 3 beats in the above example) but only sometimes gets the notes right. He also does his own stuff, if you have an amazon you will know what I mean. Holding notes like an opera singer, short little puffy notes... typical amazon stuff. Some day I will catch him going this stuff and video it, but like most parrots, he is camera wary.
Thanks for the reply - I hope you do manage to catch him in the act someday! Im sure I'm not the only one that would love to hear your little guy having a good'ol sing song. I love how you say he "does his own stuff", it makes it sound like hes a real artist with an unheard album of work! Maybe I 'll get to hear a tune from Salty if your lucky enough to film a little video. It's great that he enjoys singing back and forth with you. I have a smile on my face just imagining your little duets!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Why/how does he learn J-Lo lyrics? The Mrs. asked if i were obsessively playing over and over J-Lo's songs. NO!
We went through the same thing in the 90s when he was obsessed with Paula Abdul.
I give up.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Actually we had good " Jam " session tonight when Geri and I got home from the Dr's. I wish I knew what sets him off to singing like that. He was on my shoulder and started in. He was even singing with Geri, which is no treat, believe me. We will keep trying to catch him.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Actually we had good " Jam " session tonight when Geri and I got home from the Dr's. I wish I knew what sets him off to singing like that. He was on my shoulder and started in. He was even singing with Geri, which is no treat, believe me. We will keep trying to catch him.

Cruel, so cruel :)

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
None of my guys or gal's sings, not even remotely. Ely does dance to music he likes though. His absolute favorite is "I've got a feeling" by the black eyed peas, but he tends to like anything that has a heavy bass.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pum1XLLGis0"]Ely getting down with his bad self. - YouTube[/ame]

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
That is a DANCE! Ely is impressive. I think cockatoos are usually the best dancers. Rbird bobs his head a little; that's it.

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
Perjo isn't talking yet, but she loves to whistle the bits and pieces of the Andy Griffith song. She seems to apply certain parts of the song to certain things I do when in the room, it's kind of funny.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
I have to try and video tomorrow, cuz he was singing his fool head off ( with me singing right along with him). No song you or I would recognize but singing none the less.

Most Reactions

Latest posts