My GCC has yellow spoting on eyes and itching

SalmanBaig

Feb 26, 2020
Hi guys, I need a help about my two GCCs, one is pineapple GCC a male and other is torqoise GCC a female both have yellowish spoting on their eyes and is very itching. They are also behaving very dull and sitting closing their eyes. I am very concerned about their health can anyone help what can be the cause. I do not have Vat in my neighbor.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I'm an Amazon Snob and have very limited knowledge of the eye coloration variations in GCC Parrots. Your Post implies that this is a new occurrence.

That said, commonly, yellow spots or areas of the eyes can be linked to issues of the Liver. And, when tried to being less active that only adds to the need to have the Parrots seen by an Avian Professional.

Depending on what part of this huge World you living, can limit your choices. You state that there are no Vets in your Neighborhood, well that may require you to opening your search to a much larger area...

Again, depending where you live, Large Animal (Farm) Vets are a possible source of Avian medical care.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Can you post a picture,? Click the go advanced button under the text box and paperclip a picture from your phone.

If it's an infection the most likely to be chlaymydia psittacosis, you would need doxycycline to treat, treat for 40 days. You would need a vet to confirm and prescription. If you have a farm feed store you can get meds there , as they have over the counter for chicken. It's not the best option. What country are you in? Please post pictures

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
A chicken/poultry vet would likely be able to assist you, or you could approach a zoo or wildlife sanctuary for help. If you let us know where in the world you are, it may turn out we can help you find a bird vet relatively close. It is important to have your bird’s condition diagnosed correctly first before you administer any medication. I hope you can get some help for your birdie :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts