my male then female cocktoo story

ALRAINBOW

Mar 27, 2020
i got a baby pin feathered bird . she was a mix bread malooken and umbrella mix . a very big for her bread bird . raised from a chick she loved all . many years later i seen eggs in the cage this told me she was a she not a male as i was told . a few years later she got egg bound . its why i wanted a male so hospital visit we went . all seemed fine and with in one year later she inverted her uteri's outside her body . again hospital they reinserted and gave it a few stiches to keep in place . ina week its out again now a complete hysterotomy
drs felt she may not live . got home big collar and meds . long story short she survived . ripped her stiches out and hated that collar lol. years later i got divorced and that bird hated my new wife . oddly she liked females more as one woman helped me ween her many times a day . turns out before i could get her moved out my wife was a busing her . made her hate all females period . ended up giving her away to a gay couple she still lives today . its a shame how some treat there pets

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Interesting hybrid, do you have any pics to share? They are so full of surprises especially when an egg is laid. Happened to one of my cockatoos thought to be a male at age 25!

Thanks for taking good medical care of her and ultimately finding a home where she continues to be loved.

OP
A

ALRAINBOW

Mar 27, 2020
That is a good question reg pics . I had a ton of video and stills , I asked my many times let me have the stuff si could convert to digital and offered her copies . She never would let me have them . A past hurricane flooded the basement level , I always kept them on 1 floor for this reason . Salt water destroys tape and stills , many people now gone were amongst the memories . Including my kids with her .

Most Reactions

Latest posts