lufkinzoomomdadpicDaisy049.jpg

lufkinzoomomdadpicDaisy050.jpg

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Wow.. how pretty is she. Is she people friendly and settling in to her new home?

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
she was handfed I got her from a breeder she is a little shy but we're working on that I just peaked in on them and they are sitting on the same perch. Misty hissed a little but once she figured out Daisy wasn't going to eat her she settled down LOL now I just have to keep watching to make sure she eats and drinks crossing my fingers :) and BTW she only cost 40 dollars the lady mostly breeds bigger birds. I can already hear the noise LOL misty whistle then Daisy has to whistle then Sidney has to screech to prove he can be louder than both of them :) Silly boy

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Nice looking fid you have there. Congrats on the new addition to the family! My two tiels are also some characters, Rolie just loves being on the ground and on hands and shoulders, and Karools messes around with Pikkie and he already is mimicing all the words Pikkie says. :D

They are really such cute birdies, and easy as well. Enjoy our little Daisy, i'm sure she is going to enjoy it with Misty!;)

Wilma!!!:)

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
thanks they are so different than any of the "regular parrots" like conures and such but is is fun to watch their little personalities!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Wow, she is beautiful, Are they indoors at the moment, or have you got them outside as well. What does she think about it. I'm sure they are going to get on famously and become firm friends. Maybe this will cure Misty of her egg laying. Let us know how it all goes.

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
I may put Misty out doors a little later but I am waiting for Daisy to get a little more finger trained so it will be easier to get her in out of the outside cage. I saw her eat a little millet still haven't seen her drink or eat real food though any suggestions?

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
here are some better pics LOL and Sidney was begging to get in on the action
daisySidney005.jpg
What? not another one
daisySidney008.jpg
is this piece in there right?
daisySidney001.jpg
Daisy's first phot shoot

and BTW Tex since you're a photographer what do i need to do to get good pictures of her it is really hard to get a picture that shows her pale yellow instead of white I thought I might should use a different backround color I tried the beach and snow setting but it didn't seem to help.

Last edited:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
[Quote="BirdCrazy]and BTW Tex since you're a photographer what do i need to do to get good pictures of her it is really hard to get a picture that shows her pale yellow instead of white .[/QUOTE]

It's so hard to say ... there are a lot of things that could be doing that, BUT if you are asking, it looks like your flash is too bright and washing out those colors. See if there is something on your camera call "Exposure Compensation" or "Exp. Comp." and turn it so that it shows a "-1/2 or -1/3" we can start there ... PM me and I might be able to give you some more suggestions ...

~ Tex :50:

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
thanks I just have a little hp but my mom just got a fancy olympus so hers probably has that

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I saw her eat a little millet still haven't seen her drink or eat real food though any suggestions?

I hadn't seen Kito drink anything ever, but they seem to do it when your not watching, I finally caught Kito drinking his water today when he thought I was out of the room. :D Will she let you give her any food if so try that, and you can alway dip your fingers in the water to see if she will take it from your fingers.

waiting for Daisy to get a little more finger trained so it will be easier to get her in out of the outside cage.

Good idea, nothing worse than having to try and herd them up to get them in.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
ok so she is eating a drinking fine last night she and Misty ate together then set next to each other and tried to out preen and fluff each other those vain little girls:)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is great news, It always makes us feel a lot better once we see them eat and drink ourselfs.

Most Reactions

Latest posts