Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
2022 Parrot of the Year ๐Ÿ†
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
This is Gandalf! He is a ball python and new addition to my family. I have wanted a snake for a few years now and decided now is a good time so here he is! Not to worry though, he is in a different room from Maddox.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpeg
    IMG_0493.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 37

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
This is Gandalf! He is a ball python and new addition to my family. I have wanted a snake for a few years now and decided now is a good time so here he is! Not to worry though, he is in a different room from Maddox.
Aww! Such a cutie! Is he a pastel?

Good to find someone else who had ball pythons on Parrot forums! ๐Ÿ˜

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Feb 20, 2022
Congrats! He's adorable!! He looks so inquisitive in this photo, I love him!

(zERo I would have been so disappointed if your weren't the first one to respond! ๐Ÿ˜)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Nice! Just be very aware that ball pythons are more than willing to eat birds. Long, long ago, our first Boa was sold to us for peanuts because it had gotten loose in the pet shop and ate a very $$$ cockatoo. Which it regurgitated 2 days after we brought it home.

Balls are tricky sometimes - careful not to overfeed it.

May 20, 2023
California, USA
Parrots
Talking Fancy Lutino Parakeet, 2yrs old- 37 word vocabulary. Named Otto Von Ruthless
Aww!!! I miss having snakes! I had a couple Ball pythons and and couple CA Kings in my 20s! "Steve" my first snake - CA King was 16yr old when he died in 2012, I got him as a baby in my teens.

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Parrots
Nice! Just be very aware that ball pythons are more than willing to eat birds. Long, long ago, our first Boa was sold to us for peanuts because it had gotten loose in the pet shop and ate a very $$$ cockatoo. Which it regurgitated 2 days after we brought it home.

Thats crazy! I have gone through every measure to make sure they never have the opportunity to meet but I totally see where you are coming from

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

Why do you think he threw up the cockatoo? What did the cockatoo look like at this point? Sorry if this is a kinda morbid question but I'm very curious.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My guess would be based on my experience with snakes, and the few times Iโ€™ve had to deal with regurgitating, is that either the snake was stressed out from going to the pet stores to a new home.
Or, heโ€™d already regurgitated the week before and ate again, despite not having the proper flora in the gut to digest a meal, though his meal was not planned, by the store or the snake ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Snakes should be fasted for 2 weeks after a regurge so they can regain their gut flora that is thrown up when the regurgitate.

Wrench will have to answer what it looked like! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

So, what did the regurgitated cockatoo look like? Dead obviously but was it "digested"? Such as waste in so many ways. A beautiful cockatoo lost its life and the snake didn't even keep down the meal!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congrats on your beautiful new Ball! Gandalf is a great name:)
I miss having snakes, I brought a Boa with me when I moved up here but he's been gone many years:(
My son had a Ball python who escaped, and we didn't find him until after we'd moved. Imagine my surprise after Percy had been gone for a year when I found him in behind the albums in my stereo stand in the new house!
He was fatter than he'd ever been.

So, what did the regurgitated cockatoo look like? Dead obviously but was it "digested"? Such as waste in so many ways. A beautiful cockatoo lost its life and the snake didn't even keep down the meal!
My ex overfed a monitor we had and he regurgitated the last small rat. I'm putting the description in as a spoiler.
It looked like it was turned inside out:(

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I miss having snakes, I brought a Boa with me when I moved up here but he's been gone many years:(
My son had a Ball python who escaped, and we didn't find him until after we'd moved. Imagine my surprise after Percy had been gone for a year when I found him in behind the albums in my stereo stand in the new house!

My ex overfed a monitor we had and he regurgitated the last small rat. I'm putting the description in as a spoiler.
Ewww!

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Parrots

Aww thanks! Heโ€™s a sweetie

Most Reactions