My talking alexandine ;)

JawzX

Aug 22, 2010
Media
Vermont
Parrots
8 year-old second-hand Alexandrine Parakeet Buddy (aka Baby, aka Ms. Prissy Beak)
I wanted to post in the "birds talking" thread, but in my lazy, semi-incompetance I can't find it... So here it is:

Baby came with me to visit my girlfriend and her red-lored Amazon Cody. She was very excited and loud and I finally managed to get her talking on video! ;) She also said a new phrase, or atleast one I have never heard before "pretty birdy" I didn't get this phrase on video, but I got the whistleing and "hello", "Hi Buddy" and "what're you doing?". Enjoy the super cute voice ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI4IDRzRqmg&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Buddy (Aka Baby, Aka Ms. Prissy Beak) The Alexandrine Talks[/ame]

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Baby is so cute, love the way she says pretty birdie, sounds so cool. So full on energy as well......
Keep up the training, and you will have a chatterbox on your hands soon

The thread is called "Our" Birds Talking

You mentioned but in my lazy, semi-incompetence I can't find it...
I think you suffer from the same illness I do "Bird Brain" syndrome
Laie_23.gif

parrotguy12

Aug 19, 2010
Media
Parrots
American Yellowface parrotlet "paquito"
Green IRN "Georgey"
2 budgies "lemon" and "sky"
cool, one quick question, what are the signs that tell you that he is trying to repeat the words, i just hear grumbling when im teaching him, nice job with the talking

OP
JawzX

JawzX

Aug 22, 2010
Media
Vermont
Parrots
8 year-old second-hand Alexandrine Parakeet Buddy (aka Baby, aka Ms. Prissy Beak)
she actually came to me already knowing the phrases she spoke on this video. She does seem to be attempting something new, and it's exactly as you describe, a sort of grumbly, garbled noise she makes when she's talking and excited. My girlfriend's Amazon, Cody is a real ham and is trying out new words all the time, his latest two "good bird! Good bird!" and "Oh, Hello!" started out as screechy/yell sounds and have progressed through loud yelling sounds with vague, word-like modulations in them to intelligible speech. It seems the two of then have quite different methods of trying out new words. She trys them quietly and only when she's already saying other things, Cody just belts it out as loud as he can (over, and over, and over :rolleyes:) until he figures out what sounds right... So, I'm not sure my experience will really apply to your bird. Remember to reward any non-parrot noise they make in response to you talking, that'll encourage him to keep trying :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts