My wonderful Surprise from a wonderful friend!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Stephen, is there something you want to tell us? Do you need a care package? I bet we could arrange it. :) Oh Wow, now I want to design a custom swing for Bixby.

Aww, thanks Allee! But the thread you posted this evening detailing exactly how to make one of those swings was quite the care package in and of itself! "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; but TEACH a man to fish... " ;)

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Wow, what a wonderful surprise!! That was such a thoughtful thing to do, Allee!

I feel compelled to speak up in defence of Folger and Popeye though. You people can't send them travelling all over without an aggressive bodyguard. That is just careless. So, send me their itinerary and I will send The Hemp Seed Fiend, Mr Percy Hyde, along.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Uh oh, I think I am going to need a bigger house.
A much bigger house.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
And kevlar gloves, Terry! Don't forget the kevlar! (And why stop at gloves? Maybe some all out riot gear!)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
It's okay Terry, I'll foster some of the better-mannered birds for you until all the rowdy hormonal ones go back home. :)
Just don't tell my boyfriend- then I'LL have to come stay for a while!! :p

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
It's okay Terry, I'll foster some of the better-mannered birds for you until all the rowdy hormonal ones go back home. :)

Better mannered??!! Between Popey, Folger and hemped-up Percy??? :rolleyes:

Bwha-ha-ha!! Good luck with that! I trust you live next door to a well equipped ER ;)

That said, when Percy's hemp seed death-raptor vibe wears off, he will be a darlin'! Just check between his feathers for hidden stash....

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas

Better mannered??!! Between Popey, Folger and hemped-up Percy??? :rolleyes:

Bwha-ha-ha!! Good luck with that! I trust you live next door to a well equipped ER ;)

That said, when Percy's hemp seed death-raptor vibe wears off, he will be a darlin'! Just check between his feathers for hidden stash....

I'm actually only a couple miles from the local ER and my insurance is pretty good.. :54:
I'll just borrow Tali, Ekko(Yoshi could learn a thing or two about being an ekkie!) and maybe Darwin.. just to clear up space for the three monsters- err- 'guests' that are going to need their own temporary space! :21: I don't think you'd want to slam little bitty inexperienced me with Percy. :eek: I know better than that! I'm quite fond of having all my fingers..(And I don't exactly have good experiences with 'zons!)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
And kevlar gloves, Terry! Don't forget the kevlar! (And why stop at gloves? Maybe some all out riot gear!)

I hear there is an extra set of riot gear at Terminus...

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'll just borrow Tali, Ekko(Yoshi could learn a thing or two about being an ekkie!) and maybe Darwin.. just to clear up space for the three monsters- err- 'guests' that are going to need their own temporary space! :21: I don't think you'd want to slam little bitty inexperienced me with Percy. :eek: I know better than that! I'm quite fond of having all my fingers..(And I don't exactly have good experiences with 'zons!)

I think you would regret having Dar & Ekko as houseguests! Ekko is hormonal, and Dar does love the sound of her own scream:(

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas

I think you would regret having Dar & Ekko as houseguests! Ekko is hormonal, and Dar does love the sound of her own scream:(

Well, rats.
I'll just admire them from afar, then! (And just patiently wait until my own Yoshi goes through his hormonal phase.. ick!)
Kiwi started being hormonal this year. :31: the little bugger.. she'll chase me(Or my hands) off of her cage, and then when I walk away she'll velcro to my shoulder and act all sad I was going to leave her! :rolleyes:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

I hear there is an extra set of riot gear at Terminus...

Hahaha! Good one, Terr! But will even that be enough against the combined feathered fury of Percy (aka Death-Raptor/Hemp-Fiend), Folger (aka Jen's Bane), and Popeye (aka That Ragin' Too)?

I think not!

Most Reactions