Nebraska Parrot Rescue- WARNING !

KalJ

Oct 21, 2012
No such luck there. Ended up getting a white fronted amazon, and we love her. Shes quite the spit fire lol. Never heard back from this rescue after she emailed me to call the next day. I called and left message with no response. Very disappointed. Can't imagine why they wouldn't want to adopt out to a vet tech for an AVIAN vet with bird experience. Oh well...

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Hum,...don't know why ? Good question.

Have you taken any pics yet ? (post if you can)

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)
I would like to say thank you to the OP for getting in contact with me and expressing your reasons for giving warning to others about this rescue. I now understand why you have your reservations about them and agree that based on what you told me I don't like how you were treated either. Like you said, it's all about customer service.

Since we are on the topic, I have had the opportunity to visit this rescue and have reasons separate from the OP on why I would suggest people to be on guard when visiting or adopting from this place. I will not state why here as I know that the owner of the rescue loves her birds and don't want to publicly bash her. If anyone would like further detail please feel free to PM me. I just won't be posting it here or on any of the threads for that matter.

Rahbil

May 1, 2018
I have had the most horrible experience with Nebraska Parrot Rescue. My ex girlfriend let my ex wife into my home. I have rescued parrots since 2005. I had 12 birds which were rehabilitated and were entirely healthy. My kids were able to interact with all of them and loved them. Well, my ex got into my home, and out of pure spite, called up Roberta and proceeded to give all my birds away to her! I was in the process of moving out, and had tried to retrieve my birds, and I even brought the police to my house to get them. My precious birds were "adopted" out for profit by Roberta. This is totally illegal, and Roberta knew those were MY birds. she even had the nerve to post photos of my birds that she took in my home! My ex is now in contempt and I am going to prosecute. Police are now involved but all my birds are gone. About $15,000 worth of birds, but I can't put a price on them because they were my pets. I knew Roberta because I had a cockatoo which I gave to her because it was not a family friendly bird. She will talk anyone into giving their birds away so she can resell them for high profit. She is a crooked monster and should be avoided. Unfortunately, she is the only resource I know of.

Attachments

• 20171016_194425.jpg
    20171016_194425.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 153

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Rhabil- As animals are technically considered property under the law, if they were stolen from you, you should be able to have all of them returned whether or not they were sold to other people. If you car is stolen and sold to someone, if the police recover it, you get it back. The person who bought it may not be in trouble if they didn't know, but they certainly don't get to keep it. Same with animals.

If you haven't already, it's time to lawyer up. 15K in birds is felony territory, for both the ex and the lady who knowingly trafficked in (hate to put it this way) stolen goods. I'd be going after BOTH of them, criminally and suing civilly for the pain and suffering having your pets stolen has caused you and your children, as well as fighting to get back your stolen birds from their new owners.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts